• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I am being blackmailed by pervert colleague.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am being blackmailed by pervert colleague.

I need advice. Sorry for the long post, I would really appreciate it if you read it.

I don't know how to get out of this situation?I have a very strange situation to handle.I'm writing this post because basically I'm lost.I don't know what to do?

For the past two years since december 2015 i am an office manager.

On september 4th 2017 this woman new H.R. manager started working at my office

On her second day she came up behind me while I was at my desk and started rubbing my shoulders. I was very flustered and said to her “I’m sorry, I have a thing with personal space.”I explained to her that it is making me uncomfortable.

She apologized and said that she is an extroverted, touchy-feely, huggy person.

On december 11th 2017 she called me in her office and said to me that she hacked my account (on my office computer) and download everything she could get her hands on to.She got some VERY private videos and photos of me and email messages with sensitive material that is damaging to my career.

Also she told me that she has a journal about my performance at work.The journal is mostly immature and childish...but still something that would hurt my reputation.

The journal has things like what time I come into the office, or leave the office (mentioning mostly personal reasons, like I had to go home and take care of my sick daughter) never mentioning the counless hours I spend at home working until the wee hours she also mentions when I call in sick - implying that it's bogus (which I've only called in sick one day in the last 4 months), times that she has disagreed with my management decisions, also there are instances where she has completely fabricated journal entries and discusions, she also has written about personal phone calls I have received at work...things that are completely none of her business...I mean I'm here BOSS, not the other way around...I do not report to her, I am her superior...she reports to me. If I want to take a damn phone call at work then I will do it. And if I want to stay home with my daughter when she is sick then by-God I will do it.

She than told me she wanted to touch my boobs.She told me if i refused she will post the video's online.I agreed.

Since then this woman my colleague is constantly groping me at work .

When I bend down within ten yards of her, she's right there, grabbing and smacking my butt.She acts like its all a big joke, laughs, etc. I make it clear I don't like it, but she acts like that's part of the joke, too.

This pervert woman wants to to publicly embarass me and ruin my reputation for absolutely no reason at all. Also she is attempt to undermine my authority.So she is doing it for malicious reasons - only in attempt to ruin my credibility. I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I just feel hopeless

This has been eating at me.I feel like a failure. I am afraid, If I don't do what she asks she will post the video's online. That will ruin my life.This is a smallish town.

She knows i can't go to the police and i can't tell anyone. Help me i don't know how to get out of this mess.

I am 100% straight.I've never had any desire to do anything sexual with a female. In all honest just thinking about possibly kissing a female makes me cringe.I am divorced since november 2013.

]I have 11year old daughter. I was married for 8 years.I don't know what to do? I don't know what to do anymore?I don't know how to handle the situation
    Last edited by Amethyst; 16th January 2018, 18:17:PM. Reason: condensed
    Tags: None

Re: I am being blackmailed by pervert colleague.

Hi Marla,

I'll edit your post down some as there's rather a lot of detail there that isn't necessary but I do understand you're just trying to get across how much the situation has affected you.

Firstly, Are you in the UK ?

This HR manager is abusing her position. She accessed your work computer ( why were such personal documents stored on your work computer? ) and is forcing you into sexual contact you do not want with a threat of posting these documents publicly.

The journal is, as you say, just a way of trying to further control you.

You need to make a complaint to both your employer and to the Police. Sexual Harassment and Blackmail of this nature is taken very seriously.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: I am being blackmailed by pervert colleague.

As above, first step Police, blackmail is a very serious offence. Take their advice on next step, but your employer needs to know, and I find it hard to believe Shen won’t be removed from post immediately, and computers etc taken by the police. Assuming this is the UK that is.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X