• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Price Drop After Completion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Drop After Completion

Hi,

We’ve recently completed in Dec for the purchase of our new home through a large builder. We’ve now noticed that the same style house two doors down has been dropped by over 10%!! Now this is mainly because they’re coming to the end of site and obviously trying to shift on as it’s not in line with local prices, and I’m of the opinion there’s little we can do as we bought at the price we agreed etc but just wondered if there was perhaps any sort of legal act that may cover this? Unlikely I know but thought I’d ask..
    Tags: None

Re: Price Drop After Completion

Hi Newhomebuyer,
    Unfortunately not. You offered a price, the seller accepted and contracts exchanged. That was the price agreed I'm afraid. There are probably others in the area who feel the same but you were all able to negotiate or decide not to make offers when you initially looked at the properties.
    It can be galling when things like this happen, but you have your new home which you can make your own. No doubt in the future similar properties will sell for a variety of prices on the road and you wouldn't be able to do anything about that either. Don't pay too much heed to how much other properties are selling for, it just becomes frustrating whether you're in a new build or not. Throw yourselves into making your house a home and enjoy.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X