• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help me!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me!!

]Hi! I ve stollen some clothes from primark few weeks ago.. I know is very ashamful... But I m going to difficult time with money... The amount was quite huge about 136 pounds... I also took some pair of earing of MS.. They caught me in primark.. They put me in a room I said the truth, I sign a paper that I was guilty.. And they said I will have a fine.. One of the man said that I don't have to go there never.. Also a police officer came, he took me in his office.. He was nicer than the security guards.
    He told me I don't have to came back 1 month in the mall.. He said he won't do me a fille record.. He just registered me.. And he also said they meant just for that mall is available not for all cities..so I'm very worried because I don't have enough money to pay because I am supporting my family and I cannot afford.. Will they take me to court.? did I was banned from all primark stores or just from that ? (cause that security guy didn't said to clear, but I should receive a letter to confirm that.?) now I have a criminal record or what mean just registered? And that police and he took the earings to return to MS, it counts that too.? I'm really worried I can't stop thinking about what will happen. Thanks[/QUOTE]
    Tags: None

Re: Please help me!!

Read this post:-

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...323#post771323

Comment

Hi and welcome

First of all, stop worrying,

Did the police give you anything in writing?
      If so what exactly.

Primark will send your details to a firm (Retail Loss Prevention) who will send you a series of letters demanding money.
      These letters are not a fine, but are written in a semi legal style with the object of frightening you into paying them.
      You can see the letters they send here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...=scary+letters
      You should ignore them.
      The company has no power and its sole aim is to relieve you of your money.
      They have no legal standing and are not levying fines.

Just keep away from the mall for a month, and find somewhere better to shop than Primark.

Comment

The police write me a registration..he said is not a fille is just a registration..he didn t make me one to not affect my future he said...what acctualy means ă registration? And also i have a primark în my city, if i go there i m banned too? Cause i m not sure if im banned just from one store or from all...how will i know that? And if i don t pay the fine im not going to court cause is a bit high the amount? Thanks

Comment

You refer to a "registration".
          That is a police action I don't recognise.
          Could it have been a "caution"?
          Did he give you anything in writing? If so could you post a copy up after removing your identifying details?

Regarding the ban it is probably only operating in the store in which you were caught.

Regarding the fine:
          1) it is NOT a fine. It is an invoice for non existent losses
          2) if you don't pay it you will NOT go to court
          3) te store recovered their goods so lost nothing.

Comment

He didn t gave me nothing in writing..just i sign a paper and he said nothing is happening to me..he checked if i had before any record with them and i sign a paper...i think was my details and what happened in that day

Comment

Well nothing is going to happen except you will get a series og begging letters from the recovery firm!

Comment

Thanks again!! If something comes I will let you know!

Comment

Hi! I ve recived a letter from rlp of 190 pounds ..i m afraid of take me to court if i dont pay. .i saw same cases where shoplifters where taken to court for not paying. .i dont know what to do ...i dont have money to pay such amount

Comment

Also the money is not for the goods cause they where recovered it says in the letter ...i dont know what to do , please help me with an advice or someting

Comment

Here are the letters - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...rs-rlp-and-dwf

if you have a read through some those standard letters other people’s threads in the forum it might put your mind at rest. We haven’t seen/heard of anyone being taken to court for this since 2010 ( when RLP ( well, the store involved as RLP can’t sue you ) lost. Have you seen any others ?

If they did take you to court ( exceedingly unlikely ) then it would be county court for a money claim which is mostly handled on paper through the post. Once you received court papers you could settle if you didn’t want to defend.

I would continue to ignore them.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

RLP will not take you to court
                        They have lost nothing (nor have Pimark lost anything)
                        They have no cause to initiate court action, but will send you a series of threatening letters to frighten you into paying their trumped up charges.
                        Just ignore them.... eventually they give up and go away

Comment

i also recieved a letter and after 4 mounths i will leave my currently home what happens then if the letters continued to send ?

Comment

The letters that RLP send out can be found here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...rs-rlp-and-dwf

If you have received the whole series you need not worry.
                            If you move before the series is completed you might want to consider arranging with Royal Mail to forward your post to your new address.
                            This is because if letters are returned unopened to RLP they may be tempted to try court without your knowledge.
                            I don't know if they would, but if they did and obtained a judgement by default, it could cause you problems

Comment

4 months are enough time to the whole series?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X