• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

17yo school IT Apprentice facing disciplinary hearing re relationship with 17yo pupil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17yo school IT Apprentice facing disciplinary hearing re relationship with 17yo pupil

My 17 year old son has an it apprenticeship at a school

He is facing a disciplinary hearing for gross misconduct for meeting a 17 year old school pupil and having an alleged relationship.

In reality, yes he had 2 dates with this girl, who moved in the same circles as he did and hed known of her since they were about 12.

Accept he is guilty. But wondering how he stands handing his notice in. He was put on disciplinary about a month ago and his hearing is in 2 weeks.

Advice please, we are both very stressed.
    Tags: None

Re: 17yo school IT Apprentice facing disciplinary hearing re relationship with 17yo p

Is he teaching the pupils or just employed in an equipment support role?

Comment

Re: 17yo school IT Apprentice facing disciplinary hearing re relationship with 17yo p

He does not teach. He's based in an it department

Comment

So it's not a teacher/pupil relationship. So the school are over reacting and treating this as if he was a teacher. Do the girl's parents know that they are "seeing" each other and they jave no problem with it? If they do not disaprove then perhpas a letterr ffrom them saying they know about the situation and have no problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          So it's not a teacher/pupil relationship. So the school are over reacting and treating this as if he was a teacher. Do the girl's parents know that they are "seeing" each other and they jave no problem with it? If they do not disaprove then perhpas a letterr ffrom them saying they know about the situation and have no problems with it.
          Yes I think the school is over reacting. But rules is rukes, and they take safeguarding issues very seriously. I think we are going to hand his notice in as I can't cope with the stress. And don't want him sacked for gross misconduct

Comment

The school will have a code of conduct which covers all staff - teaching and non- teaching staff and this will be covered in there. The relationship hasn’t continued beyond a couple of dates ? His apprenticeship is important - presumably he’s more interested in the IT side rather than working in education in the future? Be terrible shame if he loses his training - is he employed on the apprenticeship directly by the school or a third party company?

I appreciate it is stressful - has he had any pre warning that it might be considered gross misconduct or might he get a warning ( any clues how similar situations might previously have been dealt with ?)

Does he have someone to accompany him to the disciplinary meeting ?

Tagging [MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION]
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I do not have specific school environment HR issues however that aside safeguarding would be taken very seriously including any relationships between staff whether they are teachers or not. I assume there is a policy covering this area and if so was it made very clear to him that even though he was not a member of teaching staff it would apply to him?

It would be useful to get an answer to @ Amethyst's post on whether he is employed on the apprenticeship directly by the school or a third party company, because if the latter I would suggest that he contact them to see if his apprenticeship can be assigned elsewhere.

In terms of the disciplinary process it doe seems to be taking a long time from notification to disciplinary meeting. Has he been given a formal letter regarding the meeting, advised of his right to be accompanied etc?
              If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
              If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Gbjbazga View Post
                . I think we are going to hand his notice in as I can't cope with the stress.
                Whose apprenticeship is this?
                WE??
                You can't cope.??

It is his decision not yours.

Sorry to be harsh, but let him decide.

Comment

I am a senior Technician at a large school. I do not stay in any classrooms where there are any students in regardless of their sex. It is about safeguarding myself against any situations or alleged situations. It is regardless wether he is not a teacher and just support staff. The same rules apply as he is a member of staff and would have signed up to their code of conduct.

Comment

i have no idea what the relevance of that post is Stor, I was told not to be in the same room with A level female students unless another teacher was present, or member of staff to have a witness whislt carrying out my duties and also to prevent false allegations of misconduct. I have now left the school anyway as it just was too far and I got severly injured in a motorcycle accident. Just as well as i wasnt happy there. lazy teachers!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X