• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Parking Ticket - Left it over a year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - Parking Ticket - Left it over a year

Hi guys,

So I received a CCJ. The story is a little long.

I parked at a friends house several times over the course of a few months. He said it was fine. He was wrong. I moved away and eventually tried to be a guarantor but was unsuccessful due to having a CCJ. (Correspondence sent to the wrong address as I took a month or so to change car details and therefore never received any notice).

I found the details of the parking enforcement and it was from a parking ticket. Contacted them and paid off the CCJ so it went away as it was paid within a month). He said that there were other parking tickets and if I would like to pay them off before they went to the CCJ place. Made a deal that I would pay monthly and specifically asked for them to be bundled into one as some were at different stages and would like one payment coming out of my bank account.

I emailed them my new address after telling them my new address on the phone. I emailed them a couple of times with my new address. They never called back to sort the monthly repayments. So I emailed. And Emailed. And Emailed. Nothing. Said if they didn't tell me where to send the money I will accept that there is no debt as they promised to call me back with details of what bank account to set a SO to.

I eventually get through to them and they said I had missed the payments and need to pay it all at once. So I did.

I then somehow found out I had more CCJS a few months later while moving again. Same people. I called them up and it transpired that our repayment plan did not include another two tickets, so they escalated into a CCJ.

IMPORTANT: I never received any correspondence about them going to court as they STILL used my old address despite having told them several times already via email and phone to do so referencing my name, old address case numbers etc. I recovered the letters from my old landlady as she was very kind to get them from her current tenants and pass them on.

I am now paying £15 a month back for a £400 debt which I should not have got. I know I can apply for a set aside using the form N244. I am just worried as it has been a YEAR since this all happened. I didn't apply sooner because I have had professional exams to study for and could not afford the £255 court fee with the move etc.

Can anyone shed light on if I should apply for a side aside on the grounds that the court summoning letter went to an address other than my own? I know it should have been done as soon as possible and there is no excuse. But I was wondering if it is too late now. I would jsut really like this CCJ off of my back. I don't mind the monthly payments etc or even claiming the court fees back (Necessarily).

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X