• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

More mistakes from First Utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More mistakes from First Utility

Ok, an update, my last thread about this was getting really confusing so I have started a new one.

As you know, I am in dispute with First Utility. To my way of thinking I owed them between £120 and £130 for gas and electricity supplied to my property when I foolishly went with them. (NEVER do this!)

I have had amounts added and subtracted, my online account still shows an incorrect account balance and I have been fighting since July (yes July 2017) for £60 of exit fees to be wiped from my account.

I have been to the Ombudsman with regards to this, they basically sided with 1U saying that due to "circumstances beyond 1U's control (read staff not doing their jobs) mistakes happened" but that 1U should release me from the contract, provide me with clear and easy to read account information and update my account.

None of this has been done correctly.

So far I have been given 6 different account balances, all with different meter readings and different charges to be told (in December 2017) that 1U had put me on an incorrect tariff at the start of my contract and had never credited me it back!

They have now given me an account balance of £100 which I am happy to say ok.. that's nearer to the right figure but they think that I am going to accept that as being my compensation too!

I have quoted the Gas and Electricity regulations as per Eniad's thread, but I am unsure how much I am entitled to? How long do these things extend to?

I have worked out that till now it has taken 196 days to work out what going on, I have been called a liar, lied to and had so many missed called and broken timescales that I have lost count!

Any suggestions?

Callie
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)
    Tags: None

Re: More mistakes from First Utility

they have offered me £41 compensation.

I told them the parable of the Monkey and the Olive! might be in the market for a solicitor!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

I am updating this to draw to everyone's notice the bias from the Ombudsman.

I was told by 1U to go back to the Ombudsman, which I duely did.

3 days later (there is no way an investigation of 7 months of hassle was over in 3 days) they came back and told me that they had sided with 1u and I could agree or ask for someone else to escalate.

I chose escalate. A couple of weeks later, I get a notification they are STILL siding with 1u even though "huge errors were made and guidelines ignored!"

I asked where I go now, 5 TIMES!

So far no response as I do not think that their answer is fair or that they have actually investigated this. They suggest a compensation of £30 for 7 months trouble. I think not!

Do I go to Ofgem? Do I get a solicitor (if so I hope I have a load of money spare) I don't know where to turn now??

I have refused their decision as biased and unfair as they had made it before actually investigating they say I have no right of appeal (I am sure this is incorrect).

What now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X