• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I get caught shoplifting from Tesco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get caught shoplifting from Tesco

Hi guys I really feel ashamed while I am writing this message and I really feel sorry about the situation .I get cough yesterday stealing from Tesco items cost £15 . I find the items outside of the box and i just took it .at that time I didn't know why I did this and really I don't want it and I can afford the price. I was seen my doctor since 2014 because I have really bad depression and anxiety and panic attack when I am in really crowded places I get panic attack and just run away at that day when I take the items I was really scared of the people around and I needed to go out of the shop anyway . I've been stopped by the security guard they took me to office there is a manager come over and he asked me why did you take the item and I say I don't know I have no idea what I am doing now and he asked me about my details and he took pictures of me and he take picture of my identity and he said he will put my pictures and my details in the database and he said if I enter the show again he will call the police for me and he said he will call the police now to deal with this he let me go . My question is this is my first time I've been through the situation and I am doing access course to go to university this year my question is what's the consequences and how it will affect my education life and do I have to till the college about this and I'm really scared right now I was just thinking of killing myself and rest in peace . Please help
    Tags: None

Re: I get caught shoplifting from Tesco

If the police were not called then the only thing to worry about are the annoying begging letters you will get asking to pay a sum of money in compensation. These letters you can completely ignore, but file them away in a safe place.

It will not affect your life one jot.

So don't do it again and if you feel depressed then go back to the doctor.

Comment

Just so you are prepared here is a link to the scary letters they send you: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...=scary+letters

As you are being treated for depression do take some comfort from the fact that your medication and condition could be influencing your out of character behaviour.
      I would advise you mention this incident next time you see your doctor as he might be able to change your medication.

Good luck with your studies

Comment

anxiety i know exactly what your going through i got to point where i was housebound. still thats not a reason to shoplift if you was unaware you was doing it then you really need seek doctors advice if you was aware then i would simply say dont do it we all know right from wrong. as mentioned above if police wasnt called then you have no reason to worry about it. if you need help or chat regarding anxiety feel free to pm me as both my partner and i struggle with it. either way you need to try keep in touch and be truthful with doctors. many of medications for it take weeks to kick in to your system and side affects can be nasty. but 1in5 people get anxiety and your not alone. as say feel free to pm me if you ever need a chat or someone just to simply listen. i could post more here but its not the place for it and a lot of it is personal and not for forum

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          If the police were not called then the only thing to worry about are the annoying begging letters you will get asked to pay a sum of money in compensation. These letters you can completely ignore, but file them away in a safe place.

It will not affect your life one jot.

So don't do it again and if you feel depressed then go back to the doctor.
          Hi again
          Thank you very much for the reply I really appreciated.
          I've just received a letter from DWF in the letter they asked me to pay 120 pounds. i will pest the letter here you could see it and could you please let me know is that mean if I pay this amount of money there is no police case and please let me know if that will be a criminal record . I am sorry for bothering you because i am really scared and i didn't say that to my parents .

The sum is broken down as follows

value of goods stolen £0.00
          value of goods damaged £0.00
          value of cash stolen £0.00
          security costs £125.00
          amount now due £125.00 within 7 days
          please read enclosed sheet regarding this most serious matter.
          We require payment of this amount within 14 days to avoid further action. Please make payment via blah blah cheque debit etc
          We await payment within 14days or response on this matter.
          you then have a A4 SHEET PAPER titled frequently answered questions .
          Q:CAN CIVIL RECOVERY BE ISSUED FOR ANY AMOUNT OF LOSS?
          A:YES EVEN IF THE GOODS WERE RECOVERED IN A RESABLE CONDITION THE OFFENDER IS STILL LIABLE FOR THE SECURITY COSTS AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT FOR MEBERS OF THE PUBLIC THIS IS £125PER INCIDENT PLUS VALUE OF ANY GOODS FOR STAFF THIS MAY VARY ALL WILL BE PURSUED
          Q:I HAVE ALREADY PAID £90 TO THE POLICE DO I STILL HAVE TO PAY THIS AS WELL?
          A:CIVIL RECOVERY IS SEPARATE FROM CRIMINAL PROCEEDING AS THESE MATTERS ARE HEARD IN THE COURT OF CIVILIOUS. RETAILERS DO NOT RECEIVE ANY MONIES FROM FINES IMPOSED AS A RESULT OF CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS ARE ENTITLED TO PURSUE THE OFFENDER VIA A CIVIL COURT TO RECOVER LOSS !
          Q:CAN I PAY BY INSTALLMENTS?
          A:NO
          Q:IF I PAY THIS MONEY WILL THE CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS BE DROPPED
          A: THATS A MATTER FOR YOU TO DISCUSS WITH THE APPROPRIATE PEOPLE
          Q:CAN AN ACTION BE PURSUED EVEN IF CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS HAVE NOT BEEN TAKEN OR WITHDRAWN?
          A:YES THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS LOWER IN CIVIL LAW THAN CRIMINAL . THE BURDEN IS THEREFORE EASIER TO BE SATISFIED IN CIVIL LAW THAN CRIMINAL .
          Q: CAN WE MAKE PHONE CALLS TO YOUR HOME AND WORK
          A: YES
          Q:IS THERE A LIMITATION PERIOD IN WHICH CIVIL RECOVERY CAN BE MADE
          A: NO

Please any response will help me

Comment

You were told you would get the frightening letters! And you were told to ignore..

Did you read the Oxford case transcript? Search for "rlp oxford case". Here's one link: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...h-and-the-lies Basically the judge said that there could be no security costs as the security people were doing the job they were paid for and would be paid anyway even if no one was shoplifing.

So file it and forget it

Comment

As per [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] plus 1.

to show how these firms operate their QA list contains at least one questionable statement:
              Q:IS THERE A LIMITATION PERIOD IN WHICH CIVIL RECOVERY CAN BE MADE
              A: NO

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X