• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Me and Ex partner Selling house - Question about sales revenue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Ex partner Selling house - Question about sales revenue

Me and my partner have been separated for 4 years. We jointly own a property as joint tennants. Ever since we split I have been paying half of the mortgage, half of the buildings and contents insurance and half of any maintenance that needed to be done. She has been paying the council tax and all the rates since I moved out.
    We now want to sell, but she is claiming that she is entitled to more from the sale than a 50/50 split due to me not having lived there for 2 years. Is this correct? She says a solicitor has told her about this, but I have not seen any paperwork. Any advice would be appreciated as I would think that this would be 50/50.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X