• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance

Hi guys I’m brand new to this but really need a some help on this matter I took car finance out years ago I can’t temembef for what amount it’s been that long but I paid around 3500 off the car I took finance on then told them I could no longer afford it as my circumstances had changed they said they couldn’t help and that I had to keep paying till I reached 5000 this was not possible so the car ran out of tax and the deal took the vehicle , the company retrrieved the vehicle and auctioned the car I still receive letters to this day for a substantial amount owed but they had the car back I don’t understand can anyone help
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome finance

So you tried to VT but couldn't reach the 50% paid, and the car was eventually reposessed by the finance company/dealer. Do you recall when this was? And have you had any contact with them since the reposession ? ( have you spoken to them/made any payments etc or just received letters which you've ignored ?)

The car will have been sold at auction at a loss and then you will have been charged any shortfall.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Welcome finance

If you hadn't reached the 50% mark Welcome will have processed the return as a voluntary surrender rather thane a voluntary termination. So yes I think you still owe on the car.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X