• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons / Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons / Arrow Global

Originally posted by TIM50 View Post

I phoned Citizens Advice who advised that I can come in to their drop in on 8/12/17 at 09:45, so I included that appointment in the form also.

!
    Can I borrow your TARDIS to get next weeks Lotto numbers

Comment

Lots of good advice so far on replying to this letter - I'll just add get the Reply Form back asap by first class post.

And ... what is the rest of your financial situation like? How many other debts from this time have been ignored which might still pop up? Could you pay this debt if you have three or four months to get the money together? Any chance of a relative being able to make a partial settlement offer on your behalf, because this is the time to look at that, not when a court case is underway.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Can I borrow your TARDIS to get next weeks Lotto numbers
        Haha, good spot. Is it really 2018 already?

Comment

Haha, good spot. Is it really 2018 already?
          Yes it is and my Gran would have been 117 today although sadly long since left us.
          I remember thinking I would be really old in the year 2000. Wow look at me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
            Lots of good advice so far on replying to this letter - I'll just add get the Reply Form back asap by first class post.

And ... what is the rest of your financial situation like? How many other debts from this time have been ignored which might still pop up? Could you pay this debt if you have three or four months to get the money together? Any chance of a relative being able to make a partial settlement offer on your behalf, because this is the time to look at that, not when a court case is underway.
            Hey Debt Camel,

The form and other letters were all sent back today by 1st class recorded post.

Unfortunately, I don't have any means to pay this debt in three or four months, and no relative who would be able to make a partial settlement offer.

To give you a bit of background, my current financial situation isn't great. I am self employed at the moment, having just recently started contracting. I make a reasonable income, but this fluctuates, depending on the month.

This debt (and others) built up during a period of intense personal difficulty where I was living abroad at the time in a country where I didn't speak the language, and was at the same time going through a messy divorce. At the time I was faced with needing to somehow earn an income to support myself, but with no way of doing so. My wife took my son to live with her and so there was also the very real chance that I would lose him completely, one way or another. It was an extremely painful time emotionally and one I am glad is behind me. Unfortunately, I ended up using credit cards to try and survive.

Some other debts I have (according to my credit file):

£2671 - Arrow Global (HSBC overdraft)
            £4707 - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (Barclaycard Credit Card) <- Haven't heard anything regarding this debt
            £6491 - National Westminster Credit Cards <- Haven't heard anything regarding this debt

In some ways it would probably be easier to go Bankrupt. However, I have recently opened a limited company, through which I invoice for my contracting work. If I went Bankrupt then I would no longer be able to be a director of this company. I also don't want to have a bankruptcy on my record long term, or to need to declare it on various forms etc. I would like to avoid this route if possible. I of course regret the past debt but it came at a really difficult time for me. If I can defend the debts then that would be amazing really, but I know that isn't always easy to do.

Not sure why I shared all that, but good to explain a bit I suppose.

Comment

I'd say that being a Ltd company is bad news as all your financial accounts are readily available online for a small fee.
              Could you have not just been a sole trader?

Comment

In some ways it would probably be easier to go Bankrupt. However, I have recently opened a limited company, through which I invoice for my contracting work. If I went Bankrupt then I would no longer be able to be a director of this company. I also don't want to have a bankruptcy on my record long term, or to need to declare it on various forms etc. I would like to avoid this route if possible. I of course regret the past debt but it came at a really difficult time for me. If I can defend the debts then that would be amazing really, but I know that isn't always easy to do.
                Well this debt is much the biggest of your debts, so why don't you see how this defence goes? If you end up with a CCJ then I think you should reconsider the bankruptcy option then.

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
                  I'd say that being a Ltd company is bad news as all your financial accounts are readily available online for a small fee.
                  Could you have not just been a sole trader?
                  Not wanting to go too far off topic but company accounts have been available free of charge at Companies House since 2015. If the OP only recently incorporated, the first set of accounts wouldn't be due for filing for 18 months or so and as they will almost certainly be abreviated they would only have to include minimal information.

Comment

Some other debts I have (according to my credit file):

£2671 - Arrow Global (HSBC overdraft)
                    £4707 - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (Barclaycard Credit Card) <- Haven't heard anything regarding this debt
                    £6491 - National Westminster Credit Cards <- Haven't heard anything regarding this debt.
                    ^ ^ ^ are any of these debt owners currently writing to you?

Depending on what they say it may make sense to send a s 77-79 CCA Request to each them if they do. This will help you to assess whether the debts are likely to be enforceable in court if a claim were ever to be issued.

When did you last make a payment to any of them?

Once you've establish your legal position you can make an informed decision on the best option for you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

^ ^ ^ are any of these debt owners currently writing to you?

Depending on what they say it may make sense to send a s 77-79 CCA Request to each them if they do. This will help you to assess whether the debts are likely to be enforceable in court if a claim were ever to be issued.

When did you last make a payment to any of them?

Once you've establish your legal position you can make an informed decision on the best option for you.

Di
                      Hi Diana M .

Apologies. I missed your reply for some reason. Arrow Global are writing to me about the HSBC overdraft, but I haven't heard from the other two.

To update this thread regarding this Restons / Arrow Global claim. In the pre-action form I asked for the following in box I:

1. Accurate copy of the contract including all terms and conditions
                      2. A list of all transactions to show how the £9854.32 amount has been calculated
                      3. Copies of any notices of assignment
                      4. Copies of any relevant deeds of assignment
                      5. Copy of the default notice

I also sent a CCA request separately to Arrow Global.

I have just received a whole load of documents through the post, comprising of:

1) Covering letter
                      2) Signed credit card agreement
                      3) Halifax All in One credit card terms and conditions
                      4) All statements (I think)

I have attached 1 and 3 to this post.

Would appreciate any help. There is a lot of documentation here and not sure where to start.
                      I have attached the credit card agreement to the next post

Thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TIM50; 6th February 2018, 01:16:AM.

Comment

Amethyst warwick65 Diana M

I have attached the remaining documents here:
                        Signed credit card agreement.

One thing I notice is that there is no default notice anywhere in the information they have sent. There is a load of bank statements and some reminder letters but no actual default notice.

Is this important?

There also doesn't seem to be any notice or deed of assignment.

Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by TIM50; 6th February 2018, 12:43:PM.

Comment

Hi,

Would really appreciate if someone could have a look at this when they have a minute. Just wondering the best way to respond to Arrow's latest correspondence. Many thanks

Amethyst Diana M warwick65

Comment

Did they send the ' General Credit Card Conditions ' with the condition 21' referred to in the first couple paragraphs of the agreement ?'

Slightly odd the agreement starting with ' The credit intermediatary was not applicable ' isn't it?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Did they send the ' General Credit Card Conditions ' with the condition 21' referred to in the first couple paragraphs of the agreement ?'

Slightly odd the agreement starting with ' The credit intermediatary was not applicable ' isn't it?
                              There is a condition 20 section entitled 'general', as part of the same agreement, which could be the conditions they are referring to. I have attached the relevant page.

It does seem odd starting the agreement with 'The credit intermediary was not applicable'. I did a Google search on this text and it appears that Halifax and TSB also do the same with their credit agreements.
                              Attached Files

Comment

they send Notice of Assignment - Deed of Assignment may be requested/demanded later in proceedings later if necessary

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X