• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received ANPR Postal notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received ANPR Postal notice

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Personally I wouldn't bother. You are telling them, as the registered keeper, that their notice is out of time & so they cannot transfer liability from the driver to you, the registered keeper.
    I sent the appeal, as above, next day a receipt was received via an email from customer services confirming the amount was paid....I raised another appeal online and attached the receipt, so hopefully that should be the end of it.

Comment

And if you had been one of the more gullible member of the public you would have been scared by the letter and paid the thing.

Comment

Let us know how it pans out.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Let us know how it pans out.
          Appeal rejected, text from email below.
          Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice number. We have considered the case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds;

The Automatic Number Plate Recognition service has recorded that the parking session for your vehicle was not paid for within the stipulated time. Please be aware, the notice was dispatched to you within the 14 days and as such compliant with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.

Please be aware, the receipt provided does not contain the vehicle registration. After checking the payment system, there are no payments that match to the above contraventions parking session.

The Terms and Conditions of which our services are provided are clearly displayed on entrance and throughout our facilities, including the requirement for motorist to ensure valid payment is made for the vehicle. We are confident that all signage and the PCN are compliant with all industry standards and to the British Parking Association's code of practice to which we subscribe.

You now have the following options;
          Pay the Parking Charge Notice at the discounted amount of £50.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the Parking Charge Notice will increase to the full charge of £100.00.
          Payment can be made:

Comment

Alternatively, you can make an appeal to POPLA - The Independent Appeals Service. If you wish to make an appeal to POPLA the forms are available on the website at www.popla.co.uk. The verification code you will need in order to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service is xxxxxx Please note that if you opt for independent arbitration of your case you will lose your opportunity to pay the discounted offer and the full amount of the parking charge will apply. Your appeal to POPLA must be made within 28 days of the date of this letter, any appeals to POPLA made after the 28 days will not be assessed. The independent adjudicator is unable to waive the parking notice because of mitigating circumstances and a decision will be based on facts and evidence only. If you have any trouble in appealing or cannot access the website please contact us on

- - - Updated - - -

The registration number is not on the receipt email, but it was sent from the company in question

Comment

Here’s the email receipt they sent
              Attached Files

Comment

Write a POPLA appeal pointing out, as your first point, that POFA requires the NTK to be received by the keeper within 14 days, dispatching within 14 days is insufficient. Point out that it has to be given within 14 days and there own document states contravention date of 15/12/2017 and given date of 02/01/2018

Or you could write to them in response and point this out and suggest they cancel. Quote tge section from POFA
                Last edited by ostell; 11th January 2018, 18:17:PM.

Comment

In your opinion (and using experience) What do you think the chances are? The driver is about to throw the towel in and pay the £50, I need to convince that’s not the best thing to do. I genuinely think, the driver is not in the wrong and never set out to park without payment no the fee, the equipment and systems let the driver down.

Comment

If it were me I'd continue.

As long as the driver has not been ID'd it should be a slam dunk, even with the fast-going-down-the-pan POPLA.

I had a similar situation with my local police force over an alleged speeding offence (I wuz stitched up, guv........honest!).
                    Despite the dire threats, I fought it,
                    Similar reason...NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) was served late.
                    I ended up dealing directly with the Head of Legal. (Nice chap)
                    They backed down.
                    If 'the law' aren't above the law, I'm damn sure some two-bit private parking co aren't!
                    Last edited by charitynjw; 11th January 2018, 20:15:PM.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Late service should be a sure fire win at POPLA, especially as they have shot themselves in the foot with their NTK.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                        Late service should be a sure fire win at POPLA, especially as they have shot themselves in the foot with their NTK.
                        I’ve been asked, what would then happen if POPLA rejects the appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by CGG View Post
                          I’ve been asked, what would then happen if POPLA rejects the appeal.
                          Hello, we are not too good as this sort of thing and was wondering if you could point us in the right direction on what grounds to appeal at Popla and how to structure it. I can see we are going for the 14 day rule, but also mention of the not identifying the driver, but not quite sure of how to get this across in the appeal. Also, we have a receipt form customer services but with no registration number on it, although linked to e-mail from the (not yet identified) driver and the fact the driver thought they had paid and even asked the attendants for a receipt, that is surely also relevant...faulty equipment?

The keeper of the car doesn't want to appeal, and wants to pay the £50 as thinks the parking company involved wouldn't have rejected the appeal, as they would be aware of the 14 day rule?

Thanks

Comment

Look at other recent POPLA appeals on here and pepipoo to get the idea. Make the first item is the failure to deliver within 14 days. No need to say anything about driver.

Of course they wont admit to the 14 days, they want the money.

Comment

Look at other recent POPLA appeals on here and pepipoo to get the idea. Make the first item is the failure to deliver within 14 days. No need to say anything about driver.

Of course they wont admit to the 14 days, they want the money. They have also got the 14 day rule wrong. They state that they sent it within the 14 days but POFA actually states that the NTK must be received by tbe keeper within 14 days, an entirely different matter.

Comment

As [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] rightly suggests, why on earth does the keeper think the private parking co would uphold any appeal, regardless of any merit?

If they did, they'd potentially lose shedloads of money.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X