• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Partner Finance PCP VT advice???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Partner Finance PCP VT advice???

Hello,

we currently have a car on car on a PCP contract from the above provider, we have had the car since May 2015 and due to money problems am looking into VT of the contract before I’m in a situation where I start to default on payments.

this is the first time I have ever been in this situation and also don’t know if anyone else that has been in this situation so am stuck on what to do and also the whole process involved and my rights!.

I thought it would be best to get some advice and help from you guys before I go to the company with no facts and fall for their tricks, the car has got minor damage by the means of scratch and a small dent would I have to repair this first out my own pocket?

Much appreciate anyhelp you guys guys can give me!

many thanks

adam
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays Partner Finance PCP VT advice???

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] please help

Comment

Hello,

Take a read of the following link that should be your starting point.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...on-Your-rights

As a heads up, if you have exceeded your agreed mileage pro-rata then expect Barclays to pursue you for it. There have been stories on here that Barclays threatens to default your credit file if you don't pay up, but that in my opinion is an aggressive commercial practice and also unlawful under the Data Protection Act 1998 by supplying misleading and false information on your credit file. Whether you choose to defend and pursue the matter is entirely up to you and your choice.

Vehicle damage is subjective, you only need to take reasonable care of the car and depending on whether it is brand new or second hand and the vehicle's age as well as the size of the dent/scratch that may determine if you are responsible.

Have a read of a few threads on this forum and you will get the gist of things.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello,

before we could send VT letter we received a letter today to let us know we are coming towards the end of Personal Contract Purchase agreement and that the final payment is due on 16.05.18 this finial payment will be the ballon payment however it says we can return the car but would have to pay £125.00 fee for collection it also talks about damage and having to pay for any damage that would reflect a decrease in valuation from auction house.

whats best way forward? Is it too late to do VT now?
        [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Thanks for help before

adam

QUOTE=R0b;769520]Hello,

Take a read of the following link that should be your starting point.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...on-Your-rights

As a heads up, if you have exceeded your agreed mileage pro-rata then expect Barclays to pursue you for it. There have been stories on here that Barclays threatens to default your credit file if you don't pay up, but that in my opinion is an aggressive commercial practice and also unlawful under the Data Protection Act 1998 by supplying misleading and false information on your credit file. Whether you choose to defend and pursue the matter is entirely up to you and your choice.

Vehicle damage is subjective, you only need to take reasonable care of the car and depending on whether it is brand new or second hand and the vehicle's age as well as the size of the dent/scratch that may determine if you are responsible.

Have a read of a few threads on this forum and you will get the gist of things.[/QUOTE]

Comment

The right to VT applies at any time before the final payment becomes due. Once that final payment is due, you lose the right to VT and limit your liability.

From what you've said the final payment is due in March 2018, so there shouldn't be any issue regardless of any letters you received.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X