• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking a debt collection agency to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking a debt collection agency to court

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    Well if he didn’t resolve your complaint in 20 emails maybe he never will

I’d follow their (convoluted) formal Complaints Procedure on their website but after 8 weeks whisk it off to the Ombudsman regardless. From what you say they’ve had enough time to fix the problem.

Di
    Actually he did and we came to an agreement where I settled up on the 23rd July.

I'm being chased by this debt collector because the Agents Team lead did not update the system resulting in my account being passed on to collections. I have returned to the agent who has sorted it all out again so he tells me. However I still have this DCA emailing me for payment. I've given them the agents email address so they can get confirmation the account is sorted. They keep emailing me back asking for proof. Lately I have copied and pasted some of the 20 email trail to them. However as far as I am concerned the email address of the agent of which they have not acted upon should have been enough. In fact they have made no contact with EE at all and this is why I am charging them %50 per email reply.

Comment

Re: Taking a debt collection agency to court

Got an update:

Received another letter from PastDue this morning. The difference with this one was that the amount was down from £400 to £138. This started making me wonder that there was something wrong with the system at EE and I was right.

I called EE and they confirmed to me there was nothing to pay. For the record my account was closed end of July 2017. I called PastDue and they informed me they had communication with EE saying the bill had been reduced to £138 on the 25th November. This made me think that when I was dealing with EE last summer I managed to get the bill down from £400 to £138. I made another call to EE who then advised me the bill was "Officially" closed on the 25th November 5 months after I made the final payment.

So PastDue had been given incorrect information from EE. So now I'm looking at getting compensation from EE. However I did inform Pastdue in the beginning that nothing was due and gave them proof and contact names to confirm it all but they did not take that evidence but kept to their process of communication from EE. Anyway I have reported EE to the Ombudsman so will see if I get any compensation that way. As for PastDue I'm now considering if I should take them to a small claims court and let the judge decide if they have wasted my time or not.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X