• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council PCN - Entering and stopping at box junction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council PCN - Entering and stopping at box junction

Hi everyone,

Went to visit one of my mates in hospital 2 weeks ago, traffic was very slow and heavy and last friday have received a PCN - Entering and stopping at junction box when prohibited. Funny thing is that i was actually moving (very slowly, i admit) across yellow box, and i entered when the light was green and moved across while light was green.

Have attached 3 photo's and PCN itself. No video was at the webpage supplied, only pictures. Have requested a video to be supplied.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on what to reply to council.

Thank you in advance.

PCN

PCN SCANS
    PCN Page 2
    PCN Page 3

CCTV Pictures, no video (updated)

https://ibb.co/nGMCN6
    https://ibb.co/iP61FR
    https://ibb.co/eRSmh6
    Last edited by peter.k; 13th December 2017, 09:49:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Council PCN - Entering and stopping at box junction

If you are sure that you were moving all the time you were in the box (no matter how slowly), then the contravention did not occur.

You must view the video to confirm this, as peoples memory of an incident are sometimes different from the reality.

Have you tried entering your details here:
    https://viewmypcn.co.uk/Default.aspx

Comment

Hi
      CCTV pictures !&2 are identical i.e. it is the same photo.
      Have you by chance uploaded the same pic twice, otherwise they don't prove diddly squat!

Comment

des8 - apologies, my fault, uploaded same pic twice. Please see links updated with all 3 pictures supplied by council. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

michael - have tried to enter my details but it came up with an error (Your viewing request was accepted, we are currently in the process of preparing your still images and video footage.)

Comment

For 8 seconds between 13.54:56 and 13.55:04 you have only moved a couple of inches. Whether an adjudicator would consider this 'de minimus' is debatable

Comment

Thank you michael. Whatabout errors on PCN itself? Like the 14 day period for payment of the discount is wrong as it should be date of notice not service, and the issue of a charge certificate is the other way round..?

Comment

as [MENTION=251]michael[/MENTION], especially post 2 as you were moving.
              The video might give better idea

Comment

Originally posted by peter.k View Post
                Whatabout errors on PCN itself? Like the 14 day period for payment of the discount is wrong as it should be date of notice not service,
                Date of notice applies to PCN's served on the vehicle, whereas date of service applies to postal PCN's

Comment

Morning all,

Finally managed to get hold of video recording. It does show me entering the box slowly and then stopping for 7 seconds before moving again...

Comment

bummer. I blame that mini two cars ahead of you, wasn't paying attention at all.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst - fully agree. But then again, they were not in the yellow box...

Comment

Have uploaded video.

I suspect will have to pay that bloody ticket...

Comment

Looks like it
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Will try and appeal by stating that the vehicle before me has stalled/changed a gear hence leaving me on the yellow box and this should not be counted as contravention.

Comment

Well, the law is that you don't enter the yellow box unless your exit is clear, and it wasn't ... so I think you're stuffed tbh. But that's just me of course, I'm no expert in these things.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X