• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

moving into a council house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving into a council house

Hi i am new to the site and wanted to find out some information about housing. I currently have a mortgage on my home but due to kids leaving and changing my career (past debt problems) I am now struggling to pay my mortgage. I am in the process of putting my house up for sale, i have my name on the council house list and have done for a long time. I dont want to move into private landlord housing as this will cost me as much as I am paying now.
    However my problem is that I will have equity from the sale of my house and may not be eligble for council housing.
    The question is!!! How much equity am i allowed to be able to qualify for council housing.

sorry this is a bit long winded but hopefully someone can help
    Tags: None

Re: moving into a council house

Dont know if this has changed, but a couple of years ago the figure was £60,000 in my area

Comment

I think that as you have a house to sell, you will be very lucky indeed to get a council house,there are so many homeless people and people who have been waiting for ages, years in fact
      I think you might not even get on the list

Comment

Sorry re read your post I see you are on the list,maybe it depends on the area and if there is a long waiting list already for homeless and in urgent need

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X