• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Someone gave out my details in a Facebook Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone gave out my details in a Facebook Group

I wanted to ask for some advice.

I am a member of a group on Facebook for the area I live in.

I posted last week I had received a letter for someone at my addres and I asked the group if anyone knew where the person lived in my road.

I had no response in private messaging and that no one gave me her address.

The abuse I got was awful, I was accused of keeping her mail, and people were commenting I knew a lot of people in America!!

Yesterday I got a knock on the door from the woman's daughter asking for the letter.

It transpires that someone had given my address out without seeking my permission.

The admin from the group has said 2 people gave out my addres their identities would be secure.

I find it very unnerving that my address was given out to a stranger and the admin wont disclose wby whom.

Under data protection laws I feel I have a right to know.

The post I had put up has since been deleted.

Any advice?
    Tags: None

Re: Someone gave out my details in a Facebook Group

Its easy in some cases to find out someones address on facebook by reading their profiles and posts if anyone is on Social media its a chance they take

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X