• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

Hi. I need some help. I've sent 3 letter to Lowell, with correct dates.Before 30 days to sent them an Estoppel Letter, they sent me a letter with really bad copy of my agreement with Provident. Just get this today. They didnt send anything else. What to do next? Debt is from 2012, i stopped paying the same year. Is there anything I can do now? Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell

Hi Snow
    Sadly the 3 letter process you have been using is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Yes I know it sounds good in theory and yes I know some people claim that it has worked but there is no case that I know of ( or indeed that anyone I know , knows of) where it has been useful in a court of law.
    You may notice the website you have been looking at regarding this is no longer active

Anyway all is not lost

What you need to do is send a formal S77 request to Lowell for the agreement - this is a legal request and you need to send the £1 fee

Here is a link to a template http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...etter-example/

I would be surprised if Lowell were able to fulfil that request - when I sent one for a provident loan , while they were able to find the front copies of the agreements they could not produce the back copies.

So get that CCA request off

There is of course an alternative and that is to go quiet on them unless they send a letter before action.

So you stopped paying in 2012- when was it sold to Lowell- do you know?

I think , if it were me, I may just wait to see if they send anything else at the moment

Comment

Hi. Thank you very much for so quick response. So do you think I should to sent this or rather wait? I am worried they will take me to the court ☺

Comment

Have you had a letter before action for this. It might not be recent.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
          Hi. I need some help. I've sent 3 letter to Lowell, with correct dates.Before 30 days to sent them an Estoppel Letter, they sent me a letter with really bad copy of my agreement with Provident. Just get this today. They didnt send anything else. What to do next? Debt is from 2012, i stopped paying the same year. Is there anything I can do now? Please help
          Exactly what correspondence have you had from Lowell!

nem

Comment

Hi. Thank you. Yes, they have sent me a letter before action. It was before I have sent them my first letter. Probably I ve done everything wrong, did I? After 3rd letter they put my account on hold, and within 2 weeks they sent me an account statement, and 2 weeks later a photocopy of my agreement, stating that Provident probably doesnt have my original agreement anymore.

Comment

In that case I would definitely send the formal request with the fee.

How much is the debt?

I would not be surprised if they do issue a claim but you could defend that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
                Debt is from 2012, i stopped paying the same year.
                Do you know the exact date of your last payment to Provident?

The debt may be getting close to Statute Barred which could be why Lowell are pursuing you now.

Send the formal s 77-79 CCA Request as suggested.

Di

Comment

Hi. Balance- £3180, last payment 06.06.2012. Ive attached the letter theyve sent me
                  Attached Files

Comment

On 5/12 i get the last letter

Comment

On 5/12 I got the last letter, all attached. Do i still have to send this letter or it wont work now. If so, will sent tomorrow.Thank you very much for all your help.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I would send the formal S77 request as this is a formal request which gives you protection if they do not comply

As the debt is 3180 I am guessing it is made up of several loans is that the case or not

If you read the agreement very carefully it may say somewhere see clause xx overleaf - on mine it was somewhere near the signature box I think - they need to send that as well

Comment

Hi Friends. Happy New Year. Ive sent s77 and I get this back. Is there anything else i can do? You were right. It was 2 loans taken on the same time. In the way they make a copy of this agrrement I dont know what to look for on the bottom. Thank you
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, please tell me should I contact with them and start to pay ( and how much/month), or there is something else I can do? If I wont sent them the response, probably they will take me to the court. Please help!!! Thank you ��

Comment

Hi Snow

Is that all you received ?
                              To confirm- you did send a S77 request with the £1 fee ?

I ask because the picture of the agreement does say 'there are more terms overleaf' and they do not seem to be present

Did you ask at any point for the default notice or anything else?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X