• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Claim Online runaround

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Claim Online runaround

I had some work done to lay a shed base and patio in June with a local trader. Sadly the base was created sloping and with the wrong mix so was loose and crumbly - I got someone in to give me a second opinion. I complained to the trader who wanted an additional payment from me for extra time and he then got aggressive so I shut the door. I had to engage another company to redo the base and submitted a claim for that amount via money claim online process.

they returned the forms before submitting to the registry trust as I had put 3 names on the writ. Company name with individual name /sister company name(he took deposit via that company) and his name. I returned the forms listing the individual name t/a company name. The company was not a limited company and he had closed down his company Facebook account where he got business.

he never contested so I was awarded by default - sum of £475 but it’s a matter of principle.

after many emails with a delay of 10 days response time by CBBC I finally got an email that the change of name has severed the online process so I have to manually submit action to recover the amount awarded with a warning that the court may not accept my application and a fee of £100 to pay instead of the £77 doing it online.

I sent an email of complaint plus a letter of complaint at their shoddy and misleading processes but no response 20 days later.

not even sure if it’s financially worth proceeding but tempted to flag to Watchdog or similar as it can’t just be me that’s had such a poor experience.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X