• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amigo Loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amigo Loans

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice. I took out an Amigo loan for £5000, I paid it fully for over a year and then 3 life changing (and financial) events occurred all at once resulting in me being unable to afford the repayments. My guarantor has paid the payments until I worked out a reduced payment plan (2 years it took to do this!). Now paying this reduced agreement the first payment wasn’t declined, however Amigo informed me this often happens due to fraud prevention from the banks, as soon as they contacted me I phoned up and paid straight away. 2nd month same again, payment didnt go through, I was away working and amigo didn’t contact me so I had no idea and a week later I got home looked at my statement and went online and paid straight away. I contacted my bank and said allow these payments. Now on the 3rd month again the payment failed, I get home from work and notice this and I pay online straight away, however apparently I had a 5pm deadline and this wasn’t paid until later that evening so now they have cancelled the reduced payment arrangement with no option of reopening it and now wont even deal with me they want the arrears from my guarantor despite payments being up to date on the arrangement all be it late due to my bank who ensured me the payments would be made but they weren’t despite the money being there? This has already caused my family to tear apart is there anything I can do to continue the reduced arrangement or any advice, they want to take over £500 from my guarantor?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Amigo Loans

Hello, I've tagged [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION] perhaps she can assist.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

How are these payments being made, standing order, direct debit or CPA?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
        How are these payments being made, standing order, direct debit or CPA?

They are paid for via CPA, I have advised my gaurantor to stop his but he says he wants me to get it sorted and doesnt want to have to speak to his bank. I'm happy to pay the reduced figure which I can afford but cant afford the back log or the full monthly repayments neither can my gaurantor?

Comment

Right, well first I think you need to put in a complaint in writing (email or the banks online messaging is fine, if it's the online messaging keep a not of what you said and when) to your bank asking why these payments have not been going through despite your advising them of previous problems. Explain the difficulty this is causing.

Second you need to send Amigo an email saying this is not your fault, you have put in a formal complaint to your bank, you would like to carry on with the agreed payments but as you have little faith in the CPA procedure, ask if you can instead set up a standing order to Amigo for the agreed reduced payment. If they don't agree, put in a complaint to them about this and take it to the ombudsman if they still reject it.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
            Right, well first I think you need to put in a complaint in writing (email or the banks online messaging is fine, if it's the online messaging keep a not of what you said and when) to your bank asking why these payments have not been going through despite your advising them of previous problems. Explain the difficulty this is causing.

Second you need to send Amigo an email saying this is not your fault, you have put in a formal complaint to your bank, you would like to carry on with the agreed payments but as you have little faith in the CPA procedure, ask if you can instead set up a standing order to Amigo for the agreed reduced payment. If they don't agree, put in a complaint to them about this and take it to the ombudsman if they still reject it.
            Hi and thanks for your response. I have contacted my bank about the issue and I have told Amigo I have, I have told them about all the problems and its an issue between them and my bank accepting the paymens and still they wont budge? Now its the pre litigation team that will be in touch to discuss the future of the loan.

Comment

ok, ask Amigo if that is their final decision as you will be taking the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X