• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Quid quid entered a default against me after 5 years?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quid quid entered a default against me after 5 years?!

It started with me sending a complaint with regards to affordability (taken from debt camel). Whilst they're still investigating, they decided to put in a default on October 2017 for a debt that was from way back in 2012. Can they do this whilst an investigation is going on? I couldn't remember if there was a balance but seems like, if I was due a refund, some or all could have cleared the balance!! My credit rating was looking good after a settled a lot of debt back in 2016 and now it's back down again because of quick quid. Anything I could do about this? Can I approach them about it to remove it?
    Tags: None

Re: Quid quid entered a default against me after 5 years?!

Is the default actually a start date of October 2017, or have they just started reporting it then ? It sounds like your account should have defaulted in 2012 when you missed payments - can you see if there is a start date on the file for the default ( they normally put that on, or the date it is due to come off the file )

Just tagging [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]; see if it's a known issuel.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Is the default actually a start date of October 2017, or have they just started reporting it then ? It sounds like your account should have defaulted in 2012 when you missed payments - can you see if there is a start date on the file for the default ( they normally put that on, or the date it is due to come off the file )

Just tagging [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]; see if it's a known issuel.
      They reported it recently but the date is is 2012. Is it a legal requirement to send a default notice at least?

Comment

Yes it is, and that would have been back in 2012. The default will come off your file next year then - 6 years from when the account defaulted. Sometimes companies won't report a default when it happens and only start reporting later on, but the default date must be the original default date. This might be because they only reported to Equifax in the past and have just started reporting to other CRA's like callcredit etc.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

There is no legal requirement to notify you before adding a default - what is described as a Default Notice is a legal notice before you are taken to court. Technically they probably should have added the default back in 2012.

But this isn't worth worrying about at this point - wait until your complaint is settled because if the last defaulted loan is decided to be unaffordable, the default gets removed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
            There is no legal requirement to notify you before adding a default - what is described as a Default Notice is a legal notice before you are taken to court. Technically they probably should have added the default back in 2012.

But this isn't worth worrying about at this point - wait until your complaint is settled because if the last defaulted loan is decided to be unaffordable, the default gets removed anyway.
            Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X