Thread: Quid quid entered a default against me after 5 years?!

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Quid quid entered a default against me after 5 years?!

It started with me sending a complaint with regards to affordability (taken from debt camel). Whilst they're still investigating, they decided to put in a default on October 2017 for a debt that was from way back in 2012. Can they do this whilst an investigation is going on? I couldn't remember if there was a balance but seems like, if I was due a refund, some or all could have cleared the balance!! My credit rating was looking good after a settled a lot of debt back in 2016 and now it's back down again because of quick quid. Anything I could do about this? Can I approach them about it to remove it?

Site Owner

Mentions
    1848 Post(s)

Default Re: Quid quid entered a default against me after 5 years?!

Is the default actually a start date of October 2017, or have they just started reporting it then ? It sounds like your account should have defaulted in 2012 when you missed payments - can you see if there is a start date on the file for the default ( they normally put that on, or the date it is due to come off the file )

Just tagging @Debt Camel; see if it's a known issuel.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Is the default actually a start date of October 2017, or have they just started reporting it then ? It sounds like your account should have defaulted in 2012 when you missed payments - can you see if there is a start date on the file for the default ( they normally put that on, or the date it is due to come off the file )

Just tagging @Debt Camel; see if it's a known issuel.
    They reported it recently but the date is is 2012. Is it a legal requirement to send a default notice at least?

Site Owner

Mentions
    1848 Post(s)

Yes it is, and that would have been back in 2012. The default will come off your file next year then - 6 years from when the account defaulted. Sometimes companies won't report a default when it happens and only start reporting later on, but the default date must be the original default date. This might be because they only reported to Equifax in the past and have just started reporting to other CRA's like callcredit etc.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

VIP Member

Mentions
    310 Post(s)

There is no legal requirement to notify you before adding a default - what is described as a Default Notice is a legal notice before you are taken to court. Technically they probably should have added the default back in 2012.

But this isn't worth worrying about at this point - wait until your complaint is settled because if the last defaulted loan is decided to be unaffordable, the default gets removed anyway.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debt Camel View Post
    There is no legal requirement to notify you before adding a default - what is described as a Default Notice is a legal notice before you are taken to court. Technically they probably should have added the default back in 2012.

But this isn't worth worrying about at this point - wait until your complaint is settled because if the last defaulted loan is decided to be unaffordable, the default gets removed anyway.
    Thank you