• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I get out of a loan agreement with train4jobs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get out of a loan agreement with train4jobs?

How do I get out of a loan agreement with train4jobs? I have been completely had through this company, my fault for falling for it but i really need help! Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: How do I get out of a loan agreement with train4jobs?

When did you sign up with the company ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      When did you sign up with the company ?

On the 9/10/17.

Comment

Ahh so outside of the timescales for standard cancellation via the form.

Have you started the course ?

Which company is the finance agreement with ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ahh so outside of the timescales for standard cancellation via the form.

Have you started the course ?

Which company is the finance agreement with ?
          I have done the first two 'Tutor Marked Assignments'. The finance agreement is with TradeTech Ltd. I have made one payment of £160

Comment

That's a company I haven't heard of before - can't find them on the FCA register ( consumer finance firms need to be authorised by the FCA ) - is it this company ? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05645744

Any chance of a scan or photo of the agreements you have ? ( email admin@legalbeagles.info if it's easier than uploading them )
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahh or maybe it's this one - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09594507 ( Tradestech Ltd - also not FCA authorised as far as I can see ) http://www.tradestech.co.uk/
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's a company I haven't heard of before - can't find them on the FCA register ( consumer finance firms need to be authorised by the FCA ) - is it this company ? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05645744

Any chance of a scan or photo of the agreements you have ? ( email admin@legalbeagles.info if it's easier than uploading them )

Ill email you shortly! Tradestech Ltd. no. 09594507

Comment

Thank you for those. Having a read through now .

Is the overall cost of the course the £1920 ? ( for the whole course )
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for those. Having a read through now .

Is the overall cost of the course the £1920 ? ( for the whole course )

Yes that's correct

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

Comment

Okay.

It seems they have changed how they do things to only offer a 12 month loan without interest/fees which means they don't need FCA Authorisation, so not a lot to do on that angle I'm afraid. Interesting that they have done that, but it being interesting doesn't help you.

So, did you sign up for the course in your home?

Did a rep from MIS ( Metropolitan International Schools t/as Train4jobs ) visit you following your making an appointment ?

What concerns / complaints do you have about the course which has made you not wish to proceed with the full year ?

Originally posted by FCA stuff for information

Consumer credit firms offering only instalment credit agreements may be exempt from our authorisation. Find out the details here.

Your instalment credit agreement is exempt from our authorisation if it meets all of the following criteria.

Must
                      be repayable by no more than 12 instalments within no more than 12 months
                      be a borrower-lender-supplier agreement (that’s to say, it must finance the acquisition of specific goods or services)
                      be for a fixed amount

Must not
                      be an agreement financing the buying of land
                      be a conditional sale or HP agreement
                      be a pawn agreement
                      contain charges or interest (for example, there can’t be an admin fee)
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay.

It seems they have changed how they do things to only offer a 12 month loan without interest/fees which means they don't need FCA Authorisation, so not a lot to do on that angle I'm afraid. Interesting that they have done that, but it being interesting doesn't help you.

So, did you sign up for the course in your home?

Did a rep from MIS ( Metropolitan International Schools t/as Train4jobs ) visit you following your making an appointment ?

What concerns / complaints do you have about the course which has made you not wish to proceed with the full year ?

I am unsure to whether or not i will receive the qualification specified.

- - - Updated - - -

A rep came to my home and signed me up in my home, i didn't have time to read terms and conditions and stupidly didn't think until yesterday!

- - - Updated - - -

I have contacted City and Guilds to see whether they're the awarding body and the same to BPEC.

Comment

Which qualification are you expecting to acheive with the course ?

On the agreement they call it 'Domestic Plumbing and Heating Foundation' which seems to be a basic starter course - did they say it led to a City & Guilds Qualification or NVQ etc ?
                          For info https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...mestic-heating
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

At the End of 12 months I should receive
                            • City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma (6035) in Plumbing Studies
                            • BPEC 1999 Water Regulations
                            • BPEC NVQ Level 2

Comment

This one https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...ab=information
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X