• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Van on finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van on finance

Hy! I bought a van on finance around 2 and half month ago, when i got it the dealer people said that the van it serviced and checked buy their mecanic. Two months later i started to have serios issues with van, head gasket gone and turbocharger not working properly plus some electricall problems us well. I call the dealer and told them about the problems and told me to bring it to their garage. My questions is; who is supposed to pay for recovery as their is 50 miles from my house to their place? They said that is not their problem, they gone fixed it but i have to pay for recovery.
    Tags: None

Re: Van on finance

Depends upon warranty - have a look at your paperwork.

Comment

Trader has to bear costs of collection and delivery:
      CRA 2015 Sec 23. (2)If the consumer requires the trader to repair or replace the goods, the trader must—
      (a)
      do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer, and

(b)

bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

Comment

Did the OP buy this vehicle for private or trade use? If for trade then may be on a sticky wicket as believe business use is not covered in this type of scenario.

Comment

Txs @ploddertom.
          You are correct
          A consumer, for the purposes of CRA 2015 is defined:Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Txs @ploddertom.
            You are correct
            A consumer, for the purposes of CRA 2015 is defined:Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession.
            Think they just need to be careful what they say to save themselves a load of grief.

Comment

Faulty van on finance

Hy! I m planning to send the following letter to my finance company, after the van i got from them in september has serios issues. https://z-p4-cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.270...=5A2A9DB9&dl=1. Can someoane advised me if this letter it ok? As i want to keep any corespondence with the by letters so i can have a record! Thank you!

Comment

Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so they are not supposed to pay for recovery. Then what rights do i have, as i m using the van for a bussines?

Comment

i m planning to send them this https://z-p4-cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.270...=5A2A9DB9&dl=1 what do you think about it? it anything i should add? Thanks a lot for your timr

Comment

Re: Faulty van on finance

Many people will not open a link.

SO:-

Dear Sir / Madam,
                    Re: Notice of the issues with the van
                    Agreement number: H717097
                    I am writing to notify you about the following, on 13th of September 2017 I purchased on hire purchase a van from your company, a Volkswagen Crafter. The dealer people told me when i took it that the van had been serviced and checked by their mechanic. Two months later, on the 27th of November, the engine management light came on the dashboard together with the water level light, even if the water level was normal, the van was going into a limp mode after exceeding 50miles/h and on the hills. I took it to two local garages for a test, and they told me that the head gasket needed to be replaced, and that the turbocharger was not working properly, DPF has been removed, and other electrical cables disconnected such as the cable for ADBLUE. After all these problems, on the 5th of December I called your company and the dealer to notify them about the issues. They offered to solve it, but I had to bring it to their garage. Their garage is 55 miles away from my house, as i live in Birmingham and their place is around Leicester. I did that the next day, 6th of November.
                    I seriously doubt that these people are able to sort all the issues in a professional way, but I will give them the chance to fix it, as I need the van to pay for my finance. At moment I m waiting for their call, and when they call me, I will go there with a mechanic to make sure it is done properly. I will keep you updated by writing letters , and I am waiting for your responses.

Yours faithfully,
                    Ionut Jilca,

Comment

That s great! Thank you!

Comment

Ask the deager for a courtesy van while yours is being repaired. If you can find a sufficiently cheap van it may be that will be a possibility to keep the money coming in. I would make sure that all communication with the garage is in writing. I am not sure what the law is regarding conversations and recording but it may be worthwhile recording them discretely or even openly.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                          Ask the deager for a courtesy van while yours is being repaired. If you can find a sufficiently cheap van it may be that will be a possibility to keep the money coming in. I would make sure that all communication with the garage is in writing. I am not sure what the law is regarding conversations and recording but it may be worthwhile recording them discretely or even openly.
                          I will record them as the letters take to long, but if they not gone fixed it properly i will have to rejected and ask for another one and from there i will start with letters. Thank you for your time, sir!

Comment

Your protection comes from the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Are you saying the DPF had been removed and ADBLUE disconnected before you purchased the vehicle. or that your local garages had done this?
                            Removal of the DPF is illegal.
                            Did the garages run an emissions test?
                            Presumably the van had an MOT when you purchased it. When was that issued?
                            Have you checked the MOT history (https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history) to see what advisories may or may not have been given?

Hang fire on that letter for the moment.
                            You will also need to involve the finance company

Comment

I see you have another thread ( http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...608#post766608) on this same matter..... very confusing!!
                              [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] dearest could you merge them please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X