• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen Letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howard Cohen Letter of claim

Originally posted by dulcer View Post
    I'm going into bank tmw to see exactly when I stopped paying, if it is 6 years or more I will send the statue barred letter
    I wouldn't send a letter saying the debt is Statute Barred just yet even if the last payment was over six years ago, since it's not only the last payment that dictates that. It can be the remedy date of a Default Notice or even the date the account was terminated (depending on which DJ you get).

Do some research first because once you tell them it's SB they may issue a claim to beat the clock while they check the facts their end.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di again! Ok so I will send the cca 1st regard less if statue barred, but do I send form back with the dispute the money owed after 14 days of my request, thank you for helping

Comment

Hi
        I think what Di is saying is that they have given you a date for filling in and returning the form - you do need to do that

Sending the CCA request is a separate issue - do that anyway and send to Hoist at the address you have for them

There is some dispute amongst members as to what to ask for and what to tick.
        My thought is to tick D ( the box that says I dispute this debt)

If you are going to ask for documents , then ask them for the default notice, the notice and Deed of assignment and the agreement @Diana M may say otherwise and if she does I bow to her expertise but you must respond saying you dispute the debt
        Last edited by warwick65; 5th December 2017, 19:41:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          Hi
          I think what Di is saying is that they have given you a date for filling in and returning the form - you do need to do that

Sending the CCA request is a separate issue - do that anyway and send to Hoist at the address you have for them

There is some dispute amongst members as to what to ask for and what to tick.
          My thought is to tick D ( the box that says I dispute this debt)
          If you are going to ask for documents , then ask them for the default notice, the notice and Deed of assignment and the agreement [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] may say otherwise and if she does I bow to her expertise but you must respond saying you dispute the debt
          Thank you Warwick 65, when u say tick box d it says why do I dispute the debt, what would you recommend I say, I don't want to write something wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Warwick 65, when u say tick box d it says why do I dispute the debt, what would you recommend I say, I don't want to write something wrong

Also do I fill in my financial statement sheet, I really appreciate the help thank you

Comment

Hi
            No do not fill in the financial statement under any circumstances

When you tick the box you do not need to give a reason just tick the box that says I dispute this

Remember it is for them to prove that you do owe the debt.

I am not sure just how much they say you owe and again that might make a difference as to how you handle it - for example if it is a few hundred you might- and I stress might- decide that it is worth making some sort of offer just so you can get on with your life , however if it is several thousand you may want to fight this

Another thing to remember , even if they do issue a claim, there are many options available to you from a full settlement to agreeing regular payments that are affordable to fully defending the claim and defeating them.

I am not exactly sure which version of hoist say they own the debt but I think there may be problems about licences with some of them- that however is something I can not help you with as i wouldn't know how to argue it

Comment

Thanks Di again! Ok so I will send the cca 1st regard less if statue barred, but do I send form back with the dispute the money owed after 14 days of my request, thank you for helping
              As I've said, send the s.78 CCA Request and that's all you should be doing at this moment in time.

I also suggested you send a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard.

You can't yet predict what you'll be saying (or not) in response to the Letter Before Claim because there are too many unknowns at present.

Make a note of when the 30 days is up - that's all for now.

Di

Comment

Thank you warwick65, I shall send it off, I'm hoping the bank will come up trumps tmw with regards to the last payment I made, with a statued barred in my boxing glove i may be able to punch a little harder, thank you, it's 6k I am accused of owing

Comment

Dulcer- sorry for confusing the issue

I would just do what Di suggests

Comment

I am not sure just how much they say you owe and again that might make a difference as to how you handle it - for example if it is a few hundred you might- and I stress might- decide that it is worth making some sort of offer just so you can get on with your life , however if it is several thousand you may want to fight this
                    £6,870 approximately according to post # 6

the amount is 6,870.
                    Di

Comment

Thanks @Diana M

I do have trouble reading blocks of text - no ones fault just the way it is - which is why I tend to post with lots of mini paragraphs

Anyway I will leave this alone now as i think all I have done is confuse the issue
                      @dulcer - I recommend you ignore what I have said and stick with Di's advice- more considered than mine, I tend to jump in both feet first

Comment

Thanks @Diana M

I do have trouble reading blocks of text - no ones fault just the way it is - which is why I tend to post with lots of mini paragraphs

Anyway I will leave this alone now as i think all I have done is confuse the issue
                        @dulcer - I recommend you ignore what I have said and stick with Di's advice- more considered than mine, I tend to jump in both feet first
                        No don't be daft, knowledge is power as they say, thank you for your help, very appreciated and thank you Di, busy day tmw, will keep you posted

Comment

No do not fill in the financial statement under any circumstances

When you tick the box you do not need to give a reason just tick the box that says I dispute this

Remember it is for them to prove that you do owe the debt
                          I agree with that

Di

Comment

Dulcer- sorry for confusing the issue

I would just do what Di suggests

You haven't confused anything

My point is/was it’s all about timing and the balance between asking and telling information/disclosure on the basis that a claim may well be issued once the solicitors feel that they’ve ‘gone through the motions’ of complying with Pre Action Protocol and then issue a claim regardless on Day 31.

My approach is from a lawyer’s perspective so ever mindful of the next step (i.e. legal proceedings).

Di

Comment

knowledge is power
                              I agree with that too.

It’s also about what you do with the knowledge.

When to be silent and when to make a noise especially pre litigation.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                I agree with that too.

It’s also about what you do with the knowledge.

When to be silent and when to make a noise especially pre litigation.

Di
                                Hi,

Been to bank I'm my dates are way out, last payment made in 2013, so 6 year sb is out of the question, I don't know what to do now, I don't want a ccj tbh, I'm beginning to think would it be best to just pay £5 pm the same as what I pay apex, any help would be most welcome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X