Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howard Cohen Letter of claim

• Display

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Red face Re: Howard Cohen Letter of claim

Quote Originally Posted by warwick65 View Post
    Thanks @Diana M

I do have trouble reading blocks of text - no ones fault just the way it is - which is why I tend to post with lots of mini paragraphs

Anyway I will leave this alone now as i think all I have done is confuse the issue
    @dulcer - I recommend you ignore what I have said and stick with Di's advice- more considered than mine, I tend to jump in both feet first
    No don't be daft, knowledge is power as they say, thank you for your help, very appreciated and thank you Di, busy day tmw, will keep you posted

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    893 Post(s)

Default Re: Howard Cohen Letter of claim

No do not fill in the financial statement under any circumstances

When you tick the box you do not need to give a reason just tick the box that says I dispute this

Remember it is for them to prove that you do owe the debt
    I agree with that

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    893 Post(s)

Dulcer- sorry for confusing the issue

I would just do what Di suggests

You haven't confused anything

My point is/was it’s all about timing and the balance between asking and telling information/disclosure on the basis that a claim may well be issued once the solicitors feel that they’ve ‘gone through the motions’ of complying with Pre Action Protocol and then issue a claim regardless on Day 31.

My approach is from a lawyer’s perspective so ever mindful of the next step (i.e. legal proceedings).

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    893 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dulcer View Post
    knowledge is power
    I agree with that too.

It’s also about what you do with the knowledge.

When to be silent and when to make a noise especially pre litigation.

Di

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    I agree with that too.

Itís also about what you do with the knowledge.

When to be silent and when to make a noise especially pre litigation.

Di
    Hi,

Been to bank I'm my dates are way out, last payment made in 2013, so 6 year sb is out of the question, I don't know what to do now, I don't want a ccj tbh, I'm beginning to think would it be best to just pay £5 pm the same as what I pay apex, any help would be most welcome

VIP Member

Mentions
    146 Post(s)

As @Diana M suggested, for now get the cca request off and see what comes back. You could always contact her for some free initial advice and discuss options.
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

As @Diana M suggested, for now get the cca request off and see what comes back. You could always contact her for some free initial advice and discuss options.
    Ok I'll do that thank you warwick65 brill.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Ok I'll do that thank you warwick65 brill.
    Just to clarify something before sending off cca, the creditor can't take me to court whilst I've requested the cca

Mentions
    893 Post(s)

Been to bank I'm my dates are way out, last payment made in 2013, so 6 year sb is out of the question
    So it's just as well you didn't write and tell them it was SB which may have triggered a claim to beat the clock!

Don't be downcast because it's not SB because you may well have other legal arguments. This is a Morgan Stanley credit card from 2001 which was bought by Barclaycard.

Send the s. 78 CCA Request to Hoist with a copy to Howard Cohen.

Send a Subject Access Request to Barclays.

They shouldn't issue a claim before the 30 days expires so see what happens by Day 20 before deciding your next step.

Di

VIP Member

Mentions
    159 Post(s)

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

good afternoon Di and Warwick 65,

I have sent the CCA requests off to the relevant companies, so see where that leads,
    but the plot thickens!!
    When I received my letter of claim I had two letter from Howard Cohen, and trust in blind panic,
    I thought they were two of the same, but on closer inspection, where it says this debt originates
    from a written agreement, well one says 09-05-01 and the other is nearly two years later, also two
    different figures and account numbers is there skulduggery at work
    or another reason for this. thank you again.
    Last edited by dulcer; 7th December 2017 at 13:04:PM. Reason: just noticed more info

VIP Member

Mentions
    146 Post(s)

I know what the blind panic feels like, I really do.

There maybe various reasons, maybe they are not sure which it is.

Have you checked they are both for the same account, don't want to panic you but worth looking at and checking out. There should be account details on the letter
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

hi,

Well ive just checked recent paperwork they are both for ex Barclaycard I only ever had one Barclaycard, but two different card numbers,
    now I'm sweating again

Mentions
    893 Post(s)

ive just checked recent paperwork they are both for ex Barclaycard I only ever had one Barclaycard, but two different card numbers,
    now I'm sweating again
    No need to sweat It's a letter not a court claim.

From what you say you've received two separate Letters Before Claim. That doesn't necessarily mean either of those debts belong to you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

You're at the research stage. The Barclaycards may have started life as Egg, Goldfish, Marbles, Monument or Morgan Stanley Dean Witter etc. whch is why you don't recognise them. Or maybe you never had a second Barclaycard and Hoist have got it wrong.

Send two separate s 77-79 CCA Requests to Hoist by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

One for each alleged credit card account using the reference number(s) on each separate Howard Cohen Letter Before Claim.

Include two £1 postal orders for the statutory fee.

Copy both the CCA Requests to Howard Cohen and send them by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I've suggested you send a SAR to Barclays and that should cover anything and everything you've been involved with. So if there were two accounts you'll soon find out.

Di

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    No need to sweat It's a letter not a court claim.

From what you say you've received two separate Letters Before Claim. That doesn't necessarily mean either of those debts belong to you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

You're at the research stage. The Barclaycards may have started life as Egg, Goldfish, Marbles, Monument or Morgan Stanley Dean Witter etc. whch is why you don't recognise them. Or maybe you never had a second Barclaycard and Hoist have got it wrong.

Send two separate s 77-79 CCA Requests to Hoist by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

One for each alleged credit card account using the reference number(s) on each separate Howard Cohen Letter Before Claim.

Include two £1 postal orders for the statutory fee.

Copy both the CCA Requests to Howard Cohen and send them by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I've suggested you send a SAR to Barclays and that should cover anything and everything you've been involved with. So if there were two accounts you'll soon find out.

Di
    Thanks Di, all gone today, gonna now have to sit tight and wait

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12