• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way Card through door Statute Barred..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Way Card through door Statute Barred..?

Hi, I received a card through my door yesterday whilst at work from Robinson Way Limited, about a debt which is over 8 years old without any correspondence on my behalf.

So about the account in question which was defaulted in 2009, was a Santander Current Account which had a £400 Overdraft. The overdraft I specifically told the bank manager not to add, in my defense, which he disregarded and added anyway, a few months later I became unemployed and was unable to pay back the overdraft into which I had used and it spiraled out of control. I was unable to pay the bank and being as foolish as I was when I was younger, I never contacted the bank to attempt to make things right. By the time I got financially stable enough to correct my debts which were being pushed into the courts, Santander/Robinson Way never tried to enforce legal action, so I left it to become statute barred, which it did a couple of years back. Which leads me to my question.

I'm aware of template letters which I can send to give them notice to stop any further contact with me, as the debt is legally unenforceable. My concern is about the template letter which I got from:

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...ole-name).aspx

It says a "Simple Contract", by the sound of my description, I'm assuming its a simple contract, so I should be fine sending off this template? Or is there a specific letter template out there for banks etc?

TLDR

Owed £400 on an overdraft to Santander, which is now Statue Barred, which Template should I use?

Kind Regards

DebtFreePlz
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X