• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park Popla appeal denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Park Popla appeal denied

Registered keeper.POPLA appeal rejected for car park in Retford. My appeal was based on the signs on entry to the car park. There are signs at each side of the entrance facing into the car park showing conditions and times of operaton. These signs are about 3 metres offset each side of the entrance. Facing the entrance, the one on the right has a sign facing the road showing parking restrictions advising drivers to see signs inside the car park for conditions. There is no outward facing sign to the left. Turning right into the car park the sign is clear as a driver passes it. When turning left into the car park a driver passes no sign. The one beyond the entrance is one meter back from the kerb, parallel to it, and at a distance and angle where it cannot be read by a driver. On entering the car park the nearest sign showing the conditions is about 30 m distant and not readable. On exiting the car park, the signs are clear but it seems crazy that signage is not clear on entry and I would argue that no contract is made on entering the car park if a sign cannot be clearly seen. The PCN shows my car turning left into the car park. I would like to take this to court as the registered keeper but would like advice on a likely judgement and the costs if I were to lose the case. The attached photos show the entrance signs.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X