• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell intention to issue proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell intention to issue proceedings

Hi

i got a letter from Lowell Solicitors notifying me of their intention to issue proceedings in the county court.

They have sent information sheet, reply form and a financial statement. I was just looking for advice on what to do please?
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell intention to issue proceedings

If you ignore this, the next step is likely to be a Claim in the county court.

This letter and its attachments are your chance to ask for additional information. See https://debtcamel.co.uk/letter-before-claim-ccj/ which has more details and some general suggestions.

If you want to know more about your options now, you need to say something about the alleged debt, for example who the original creditor is, if you agree with the amount, when you last made a payment to it etc

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
      If you ignore this, the next step is likely to be a Claim in the county court.

This letter and its attachments are your chance to ask for additional information. See https://debtcamel.co.uk/letter-before-claim-ccj/ which has more details and some general suggestions.

If you want to know more about your options now, you need to say something about the alleged debt, for example who the original creditor is, if you agree with the amount, when you last made a payment to it etc
      The origanal debt is Littlewoods I have not made any payment for over a year now as I have been in difficulties. What should I do next?

Comment

How long ago was the account opened?

Do you have other debts that you are not making any payments to?

Comment

From the top of my head it has been open around 3 years. And I have just noticed I have missed the 30 day to respond to the letter ��

- - - Updated - - -

I'm posting on behalf of a friend and this is the only debt.

Comment

Then I suggest your friend contacts Lowell and makes an offer of a monthly payment he can afford.

Comment

Hi

I am not sure that contacting Lowell with an offer of payment is necessarily the right thing to do just now. If you could get the response off tomorrow so they get it on Tuesday then you may be able to stave off a claim. In any event you do not want to be talking on the phone

I personally I would tick box D 'I dispute the debt' , I can't see if there is much difference between C and D

I would also ask for the default notice, the agreement and the notice and deed of assignment ( they won't give you the deed but it helps later if you decide to fight that you are asking for it.

I would also send a CCA request to Lowell - there is a sample at the top of the page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X