• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello ... can anyone help meregarding missold car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ... can anyone help meregarding missold car?

Hello all

I'm just new on here, and could really do with some help and guidance, regarding being missold a car.

I want to reject the vehicle.

I have been banging my head against the wall for months with the dealer and his motor advisor....

Thanks for reading

Tags: None

Re: Hello ... can anyone help meregarding missold car?

More details please.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

I bought a car, and found out its a parallel import from the EU.
      Now this wouldn't usually be a problem, but the vehicle is limited edition, and so the UK marketed version gets a plaque of authenticity from the manufacturer. It may sound sad to most, but this is the only reason I wanted this specific car.
      The car dealer told me the previous owner still had the service history manual, so I didn't get to see it before I handed cash over.... the dealer verbally confirmed that the timing belt had also been recently changed.
      It was advertised as having a spare wheel, and it hasn't.
      It only came with one key, which was never mentioned at any point to me.

So, in short, the car is an import from Holland, and I have proof from the manufacturer, that it wasn't made for the UK market, even though it was first registered in the UK. By dvla.
      The timing belt needs changed, it hasn't been done recently.
      No spare wheel, 1 key.

I've tried to rectify with garage I bought from, but they fobbed me off and threatened me with a solicitor.

I then wrote them a letter of rejection, which their motor trade legal advisor replied to, saying I had no right to reject.

I then wrote my final right to reject, after trying to mediate through aa dealer promise.

Even though I have proved the car is an import, to the garage and to their solicitors, they still imply that they believe the car is not an import.

I'm going to take this to small claims...

I am new on this site, but I have all my evidence and letter etc, if anyone free for a look.

Thanks all

Comment

How soon after you bought the car did you bring it to their attention that it was not as they described?

You have rights to reject for not as described. Look up the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Comment

I had rang them the very next day to tell them, the books were all in Dutch, and the car was an import....
          I then researched loads online, and wrote letter of rejection a week later.

They just keep fobbing me off, I'm just worried a judge wouldn't see my point

Comment

Have you specifically quoted the Consumer rights act at them? It gives you 30 days to reject outright.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X