• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI refund after Trust Deed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI refund after Trust Deed

Hi,

Looking for some advice or opinion on my situation.

I completed a Trust Deed in 2012 (sort of Scottish equivalent of an IVA), I am discharged and so is my trustee.
    I have received a rather large PPI claim today, and before I spend it, I want to be sure its mine!

I am aware of a pending Supreme Court case on a similar issue, with Dooneen v Mond,

What I wonder is...
    1) Do I need to inform my discharged trustee of my windfall, and do they have any way of finding out?
    2) How confidential is the dealings between me and the PPI bank - can they legally tell another party about it?
    3) If the Supreme Court finds in favour of Mond, are Trust Deed Companies likely to petition the courts to reopen trust deeds?
    4) Is there any chance any party (trust deed co, banks, assorted creditors) in the future can try and recover this cash, or petition to have a trust deed reopened?
    5) For the IVA people, did anybody who had been paid out PPI prior to the Green v Wright case, have any subsequent claims for repayment?

Any advice greatly appreciated - I'd hate to spend the cash just to have problems in the future.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI refund after Trust Deed

I know little about Trust Deeds and can't help with 1-4, but with 5 the answer is definitely Yes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X