• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial agreement problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial agreement problems

Firstly, preempting a situation that may arise I would like to know if a case was made and I had to go to court over a financial agreement ie: excess mileage charge from a luxury car makers finance house, how I would stand when I personally think the Hp agreement is invalid.

Unfortunately at the time I did not realise the mistakes that had been made on the HP form due to the usual sales type of environment.
    The first mistake was the the mileage. The car had done just over 12k miles and the agreement was for 4years at 10k per annum. They put 1,200 and worked out the the final mileage had to be 24,000?. Even if the mileage was right it should have been 41,200. But the mileage was wrong. The correct figure before before excess charges should have been 52,000. I wrote to the company several times and they agreed to change it.
    The next problem was they got the wrong model of car on the form and I informed them of that and then to top it all I have just found out they got my birthdate wrong. A completely wrong date!
    Is this agreement invalid?
    Secondly, I asked them for voluntary termination as I only had 5 more payments left. They sent me the paperwork again with the wrong model on the sheet, although they said they had changed it.
    They then said I had to drive it to an auction at my expense or pay £75! for them to come and collect their car. BL ***cheek.
    The excess charge is now 14per mile and will probably come to about £400. Do I have to pay it? My inclination is to say with all these mistakes to stuff it.
    Have I any legal grounds on this subject.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tantricman
    Tags: None

Re: Financial agreement problems

Hello,

The Court will generally make an order of rectification in such a case where the agreed mileage was incorrect, I don’t think it would be deemed sufficiently serious to invalidate the agreement.

My view is that excess mileage is not recoverable but nobody can be certain because there is no legally binding case law. The Consumer Credit Act indicates this is the case bIt lenders will still continue to argue otherwise. So the risk will be up to you if you want to defend it in the circumstances where they take you to court.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: Financial agreement problems

Ok thank you for replying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X