• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation

I have recently found out that a sibling claimed compensation of my deceased grandad.
    The claim was against the N.C.B. regarding my grandad, who worked in the pit for 52 years.....My grandad died in 1974 the cause of death was in part due to lung disease associated with working underground for those years.

The claim was made approximately 10 years ago and was successful..I have learned that 2 of my siblings have been given differing amounts of money some years ago.

I have asked the sibling who made the claim to supply me with documentation and the name of the Solicitor who dealt with the claim. He refuses to do so, as at that time we were not in contact and I could have been dead.....

I would be grateful for any advice from the forum as to whether I have any recourse in this matter.
    Thanking you in anticipation for your help

Benji
    Tags: None

Re: Compensation

Hi Benji,
    It sounds like a personal injury claim was made on behalf of your grandfathers estate. Any damages the estate received would have followed your grandfathers wishes in his will if he had one. If he didn’t have a will then the intestacy rules would apply, meaning his children would have received a share, or in the event any of his children had died before him then their children (the grandchildren of that child who died) would have received the parents share in equal shares.
    As I mention initially though if he had a will then that would have been followed so any damages would go to the residuary beneficiaries named in the Will.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X