• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN one solution Brighton -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN one solution Brighton -

Can anyone please help - received a PCN parking briefly in a friend's car park at night and unable to see the signs. Will attach PCN and sign in car park- thanks

I am hoping to chat to mystery1 member as he has been so helpful a few years ago but of course happy to hear from anyone able to help
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN one solution Brighton -

That PCN is not POFA compliant and cannot hold the keeper liable for the actions of the driver. There can be no assumption that the keeper is the driver.

If you couldn't see the signs because it was dark then there could be no contract and therefore no breach. Try and get photos without flash at the same time as the alleged breach to show that it was impossible to read the signs.

It sounds ad though the signs were forbidding in that they were not making an offer of parking. No contract then again there can be no breach.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      That PCN is not POFA compliant and cannot hold the keeper liable for the actions of the driver. There can be no assumption that the keeper is the driver.

If you couldn't see the signs because it was dark then there could be no contract and therefore no breach. Try and get photos without flash at the same time as the alleged breach to show that it was impossible to read the signs.

It sounds ad though the signs were forbidding in that they were not making an offer of parking. No contract then again there can be no breach.

Thanks for replying so swiftly ....besides taking photos what is my next move?

Comment

There is also the issue that it was your friend's car parking space.

What does your friend's lease/tenancy agreement state about parking?

Btw, this parking co has only 'done' court once so far this year.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          There is also the issue that it was your friend's car parking space.

What does your friend's lease/tenancy agreement state about parking?

Btw, this parking co has only 'done' court once so far this year.

Am attaching notice from car park, will return to car park tomorrow evening to photograph signs in the dark.

What should I do next please?

Comment

Try to obtain a copy of your friend's lease/tenancy agreement.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I have been unable to get hold of my friend, I think they are away.
              Am attaching some signs at night and also in the day.
              I was parked at night and didn't notice the signs.
              Should I appeal on-line, my 28 days is up on Wednesday.
              If I appeal what should I say?
              Attached Files

Comment

The lease/tenancy agreement may well be key to this, so keep trying.

& yes, appeal.
                That way, if they reject your 'soft' appeal, you should receive a POPLA code for further appeal.

I would appeal as registered keeper, stating that the signage is not illuminated, the Notice to Keeper is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 (no need to say exactly why), & in any event the driver is covered via a resident's own (tenancy or lease) agreement concerning parking arrangements, which negates any assumed authority by the parking operator.
                Demand that they drop their spurious claim.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X