Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

• Display

Mentions
    5 Post(s)

Default Re: County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

Gladstones, another firm that needs to clean up their act. Most DCA's have no idea about what they can and cannot do, especially when it comes to the guidelines!

VIP Member

Mentions
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beaconsman View Post
    Gladstones, another firm that needs to clean up their act. Most DCA's have no idea about what they can and cannot do, especially when it comes to the guidelines!
    Agreed! They tend to tread an extremely fine line between the right and wrong way which is enough to give them the protection of the court, but not enough that when confronted with a robust defence they can justify it.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I am still no further along with this, can anybody help please? I am going to read all the information online over the weekend, but I would really appreciate somebody helping me with this, thanks..

VIP Member

Mentions
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow76 View Post
    I am still no further along with this, can anybody help please? I am going to read all the information online over the weekend, but I would really appreciate somebody helping me with this, thanks..
    @MIKE770 sent you this link - http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...-court-claims/ so have you read it?

Also, there has been some advice given by @ostell who is a seasoned expert here!

They will not do the work for you, you are going to have to do this yourself! What they will do is give you the guidelines to ensure that you do the right things at the right times.

You say that you have acknowledged the claim with the court. You now need to get the defence in to the court - you can email this across to [email protected] when you are ready to do so.

The subject of the email should be: Defence Statement - UKPC/Gladstones Solicitors v Your Name Court claim number [XXXXXXXX]

Look at a number of the template defences that are all over this forum (use the search functionality at the top) and amend to suit your case. Once you have got your draft defence, post it up here and tag in Ostell, Mike and @charitynjw who will all give you feedback. This defence must go in on time. I recommend calling the court (03001231056) with your case number. Ask them to give you the deadline for your defence submission. This is your line in the sand.

I would recommend you get cracking on your defence as soon as possible...

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I'm so stressed out about this now and time is running out, I cannot see any templates that are relevant, I have no idea what wording to use, its totally confusing.

I just need some help, but right now feel like caving in and just paying the money!!!

VIP Member

Mentions
    160 Post(s)

| Example Defence

format and adjust to your case you have the templates to follow just adjust them to your situation, then post on here minus personal details for amendment advice, we cannot do it for you without having detail, we can only advise? sure others will respond soon.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1852 Post(s)

You have till the 17th December more or less to do your defence, so there's no immediate panic. The Defence Mike has linked is for consumer credit debt so just an example how to set it out.

Have you asked for any documents from the claimant's at all?

You should ask them for a copy of the terms of parking that you are alleged to have breach, and if you don't have it, for a copy of the original ticket - if you do have it then if you post a copy of it on here that might help people help you.

Can you do a picture of the signs in the car park too?

If you have no defence ( the signs were clear and compliant, the ticket was correct and you simply ignored it ) then it is likely you will have to negotiate settlement. It's not worth buggering up your credit file for 6 years for the sake of £250. As it is coming up to Christmas though I understand things are tricky, so if you do file a defence you will have a month or so after then to sort out settlement/negotiation without risking any additional costs. Otherwise, if you don't file a defence, it would go to a default judgment, and if you pay that within 14/28 days it wouldn't go on your file.

Did you read through other gladstones / ukpc claims to see what defences others have used ?

@ostell / @mystery1 / @charitynjw

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow76 View Post
    Claimant: UK Car Park Management Limited
    Address for sending documents and payments: Gladstones Solicitors
    Issue Date: 17 November 2017
    Particulars of Claim: The driver of the vehicle ******* (the "Vehicle") incurred the parking charge(s) on 23/05/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Oakmede Place, Terrace Road South, Binfield, Berkshire. RG42 4JF.
    The Defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the Keeper of the vehicle. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 for Parking Charges/Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £18.04 pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgment at £0.04 per day.

Amount claimed £178.04
    Court Fee £25.00
    Legal representative costs £50.00
    Total amount £253.04

So I have 33 days from the 17th November to put my defence together.

Yes there are signs at the entrance of the car park and signs scattered around the car park, I am not sure if these signs at the entrance were there when I got this ticket last May, it was a new system, we never used to have to pay, many parents use this car park to collect there children from school and I think this is why the land owner put this system in place....

If you need to know anything else please let me know.

Thanks very much...
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12