• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

Hi,

I received a parking ticket and I was advised to ignore all the letters due to being parked on private land and this was more like an invoice, and now I have received a County Court Claim form (17/11/2017) of which I am going to defend as I have come this far....

So advise please on how I build a defence, I know there are many threads and links on here to help me, there are so many...

I really am unsure where I start, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a template I could use?

Thanks Sheila
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim Form UKPC/Gladstone Solicitors

| Example Defence

Comment

Thanks I saw this, is this what i need? I am sending this online as my defence?

- - - Updated - - -

obviously I will be adding my own information..

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmellow76 View Post
        Thanks I saw this, is this what i need? I am sending this online as my defence?

- - - Updated - - -

obviously I will be adding my own information..

@charitynjw

Comment

Is this somebody that could help me?

Comment

possibly = it is a way of contacting them on here, await responses

Comment

You have 33 days from the date of issue of the claim form to send your defence to the court if you have acknowledged the claim so what's the hurry. You have acknowledged haven't you?

How can anyone help you when you have provided absolutely no details about the incident. What is the driver alleged to have done, has the identity of the driver been revealed, are there photos of the signs?

Comment

Obviously I just want to get this sorted out, I got a parking ticket well if it is one, I was parked at a pay and display at a parade of shops and is monitored by UKPC, I didn't have a ticket. I ignored all the letters as I was informed that this was just an invoice due to it being privately owned land? Yes they got my details from the DVLA and have been writing to me for months, and I now find myself in this position. There are signs at the entrance of the car park saying it is monitored but these may have been put up recently, I don't know whether they were there when I got the ticket back in May. What else would you like to know?

Comment

Claimant: UK Car Park Management Limited
                  Address for sending documents and payments: Gladstones Solicitors
                  Issue Date: 17 November 2017
                  Particulars of Claim: The driver of the vehicle ******* (the "Vehicle") incurred the parking charge(s) on 23/05/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Oakmede Place, Terrace Road South, Binfield, Berkshire. RG42 4JF.
                  The Defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the Keeper of the vehicle. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 for Parking Charges/Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £18.04 pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgment at £0.04 per day.

Amount claimed £178.04
                  Court Fee £25.00
                  Legal representative costs £50.00
                  Total amount £253.04

So I have 33 days from the 17th November to put my defence together.

Yes there are signs at the entrance of the car park and signs scattered around the car park, I am not sure if these signs at the entrance were there when I got this ticket last May, it was a new system, we never used to have to pay, many parents use this car park to collect there children from school and I think this is why the land owner put this system in place....

If you need to know anything else please let me know.

Thanks very much...

Comment

I would really appreciate any help or advice on this please, thank you

Comment

You get a lot of different opinions on here, but the worst opinion you listened to is from the person who told you to ignore all correspondence because you were parked on private land.

It has only got this far because you failed to respond to letters. Otherise you might have had a fighting chance of getting out if it.

In court you will be faced with photographic evidence of your car being parked where they say it was and similarly of signs informing users of their rights as to parking there. So unless there is some fundamental flaw in the way the car park operated, you will have an uphill battle on your hands.

However, if you can come up with some form of credible argument and the other side thinks they will actually have to go to court to win the case, that might be enough to persuade them to discontinue on the grounds that even if they win, it will cost them more to get the judgment than they will get back from you. Sometimes a claimant is faced with making a business decision as to whether or not its worth the effort.

Comment

Somebody advised me to come to some sort of agreement with Gladstone Solicitors. Tell them their claim fails to meet the standard of the newly introduced pre action protocol, that I will defend the claim on the grounds that the keeper was not the driver and the signage was inadequate to form a contract, however they also advised that it would be simpler and swifter to resolve the claim without the need to go to court and I could offer £140 as full and final settlement, has anybody else done this?

Comment

Should I come to an agreement with Gladstone Solicitors? Has anybody else done this? I have absolutely no contact details for them as I have thrown everything away and there website is not much help!

Comment

Gladstone have a reputation, and not one they should be proud of! Have you read any of the Parking Prankster posts? http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Gladstone
                            @ostell and @charitynjw are definitely your "go-to's" on this....both super experienced and knowledgeable

You can win it if you get yourself clued up and are willing to put the yards in...

Comment

Quite a bit about Gladstones http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/gladstones-solicitors/ - if you don't feel you have a defence to the original ticket then of course you can negotiate a settlement with them, although the figure of £140 seems a bit arbitary - how much was the original parking fine? There's quite a few copies of letters from Gladstones over on Pepipoo forums which might give you more info as well.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X