• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

United utilities default.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United utilities default.

Hi all,

looking for some advice if anyone has more of a clue than me.

we are just about to put a mortgage application in, checked Experian all fine checked Equifax this morning just on the slightest of luck because I seen an advert online.

Good job I did as there was a default from 2014 by United utilities.

Admittedly at this time (2011- middle of 2014) I had a really tough time was a single mum to 3 and really struggled to keep my head above water. Anyway I managed to get my electric and gas sorted and thought I had my utilities under control. obviously not as I found out today.

They defaulted my credit after 6 missed payments only thing is I’ve never had so much as a letter of warning let alone a debt collector knocking at my door ... I’m sure I would have remembered that !! The default has never had any payments marked against it since received or missed ... nothing at all it’s just blank even though I have been paying money off the account.

im not sure how much of a hindrance this is going to be on the mortgage application as it’s over 3 years and after looking online it’s not classed as a severe default but it is still a bad thing surely ?

I would love to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and if anyone knows if I can have it removed ? I’m going to call them tomorrow to see what I can do but I’m not holding my breath unless someone can point me in the right direction to get it off.

Any my help is greatly appreciated
    lynsey
    Tags: None

Re: United utilities default.

Update...

called them hem yesterday explained the reasons for it being on there and explained about how I had left a 9 year abusive relationship and keeping my kids safe was more of a priority than my water bill. It’s now with a complaint manager as I’m currently nvinced I didn’t receive a letter to warn me of the default ...

is is there anyone who’s been in this situation that can offer me some advice

Comment

Hiya sorry for the delay, I have highlighted this for you and send a notification there has been no reply.

Someone will respond asap
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Huge thank you our mortgage is literally hanging by this and my ability of getting it off ��

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

There's very little warning on the United Utilities site that they report to credit reference agencies. All I can fine is this page https://www.unitedutilities.com/faq/...ence-agencies/ and that took some serious looking on their website to find. If you didn't already know they reported you'd never see it. Did they write to you at all during the period of reporting giving any warning about potential credit file damage etc ? ( I'm not sure on the rules but worth looking in to I think )

Did you have a payment arrangement set up with the Water Company to pay monthly at the time they were reporting you for late payments then default ? Or just received the annual bill and didn't make payment on it?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Update... I got it removed today !! I argued that they had unfairly shared it and would be taking them to the financial ombudsman because they had only shared negative data and not shared any of my positive payments in the last 3 years !! Cheeky buggers but atleast it’s off now and the mortgage application can move forward once the credit file updates

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X