• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP civil recovery notice - seeking advices and what should I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP civil recovery notice - seeking advices and what should I do?

So embarrassed to write my situation. I was shopping at TK Maxx this afternoon (24/11/2017) and been caught by security staffs at 200 meters distance from store. The situation was I put a scarf (worth less than £15) into my bag to keep it with rest items that I want to buy for my final payment, unfortunately, I went out due to I want to get a better voice from a caller. When they approached me, I do realised that I have the unpaid item in my bag and they asked me to follow them to office for questions, I did cooperating with them nicely and did explained my situation which I haven’t finish my shopping yet and I have this bad habit that to keep small items in my bag and altogether pay at last. The result was I put the item into my bag and this action attempted to steal item, therefore, I got RLP civil recovery notice with 12 months banned enter to TK Maxx. There wasn’t fine/police involved and they told me to wait Letter from RLP for the amount fund I needs to pay, if not do the payment, it may be go to court.
    I am willing to pay the fund but I worried will be up to £1000. If this true, what should I do? Can anyone give me some useful advices? Should I pay the funds (I don’t wish to have any records)?
    Many thanks,
    Linda-G
    Tags: None

Re: RLP civil recovery notice - seeking advices and what should I do?

Very, very many comments on LB about RLP.
    To put it simply RLP are con merchants, just google RLP.
    Don't PAY.

Comment

RLP tried court once, and failed miserably. The judge gave them a good spanking. Look for the Oxford case.

Comment

Thank you for your advice that from “Spirit200”, I’ll do some reading of RLP.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your information that provided from “oswell” and I’ll look through it.

Comment

Here's a link to the series of scary letters you will receive and IGNORE from RLP
          http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...=scary+letters

Comment

Originally posted by Linda-G View Post
            So embarrassed to write my situation. I was shopping at TK Maxx this afternoon (24/11/2017) and been caught by security staffs at 200 meters distance from store. The situation was I put a scarf (worth less than £15) into my bag to keep it with rest items that I want to buy for my final payment, unfortunately, I went out due to I want to get a better voice from a caller. When they approached me, I do realised that I have the unpaid item in my bag and they asked me to follow them to office for questions, I did cooperating with them nicely and did explained my situation which I haven’t finish my shopping yet and I have this bad habit that to keep small items in my bag and altogether pay at last. The result was I put the item into my bag and this action attempted to steal item, therefore, I got RLP civil recovery notice with 12 months banned enter to TK Maxx. There wasn’t fine/police involved and they told me to wait Letter from RLP for the amount fund I needs to pay, if not do the payment, it may be go to court.
            I am willing to pay the fund but I worried will be up to £1000. If this true, what should I do? Can anyone give me some useful advices? Should I pay the funds (I don’t wish to have any records)?
            Many thanks,
            Linda-G
            The amount will be about £130 so don't worry on that side of things. You also won't have any record as the police were not involved. RLP can't go to court, that would have to be TKMaxx and I've never seen a case brought by TKMaxx... actually other than the odd employee fraud case, I haven;t seen any case from shoplifting civil recovery go to court since 2010 when Boots lost a civil recovery case against two girls.

Ignore everything except court papers, and have a good read through other threads about RLP on here to set your mind at rest.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your advice Amethyst, I already received the second letter, I totally ignored them, hopefully I won't get court papers till the end!

Comment

Doubt if you'll get any court papers either.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X