Thread: RLP civil recovery notice - seeking advices and what should I do?

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Question RLP civil recovery notice - seeking advices and what should I do?

So embarrassed to write my situation. I was shopping at TK Maxx this afternoon (24/11/2017) and been caught by security staffs at 200 meters distance from store. The situation was I put a scarf (worth less than £15) into my bag to keep it with rest items that I want to buy for my final payment, unfortunately, I went out due to I want to get a better voice from a caller. When they approached me, I do realised that I have the unpaid item in my bag and they asked me to follow them to office for questions, I did cooperating with them nicely and did explained my situation which I haven’t finish my shopping yet and I have this bad habit that to keep small items in my bag and altogether pay at last. The result was I put the item into my bag and this action attempted to steal item, therefore, I got RLP civil recovery notice with 12 months banned enter to TK Maxx. There wasn’t fine/police involved and they told me to wait Letter from RLP for the amount fund I needs to pay, if not do the payment, it may be go to court.
    I am willing to pay the fund but I worried will be up to £1000. If this true, what should I do? Can anyone give me some useful advices? Should I pay the funds (I don’t wish to have any records)?
    Many thanks,
    Linda-G

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

Default Re: RLP civil recovery notice - seeking advices and what should I do?

Very, very many comments on LB about RLP.
    To put it simply RLP are con merchants, just google RLP.
    Don't PAY.

VIP Member

Mentions
    241 Post(s)

RLP tried court once, and failed miserably. The judge gave them a good spanking. Look for the Oxford case.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your advice that from “Spirit200”, I’ll do some reading of RLP.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your information that provided from “oswell” and I’ll look through it.

VIP Member

Mentions
    524 Post(s)

Here's a link to the series of scary letters you will receive and IGNORE from RLP
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...=scary+letters

Site Owner

Mentions
    1890 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda-G View Post
    So embarrassed to write my situation. I was shopping at TK Maxx this afternoon (24/11/2017) and been caught by security staffs at 200 meters distance from store. The situation was I put a scarf (worth less than £15) into my bag to keep it with rest items that I want to buy for my final payment, unfortunately, I went out due to I want to get a better voice from a caller. When they approached me, I do realised that I have the unpaid item in my bag and they asked me to follow them to office for questions, I did cooperating with them nicely and did explained my situation which I haven’t finish my shopping yet and I have this bad habit that to keep small items in my bag and altogether pay at last. The result was I put the item into my bag and this action attempted to steal item, therefore, I got RLP civil recovery notice with 12 months banned enter to TK Maxx. There wasn’t fine/police involved and they told me to wait Letter from RLP for the amount fund I needs to pay, if not do the payment, it may be go to court.
    I am willing to pay the fund but I worried will be up to £1000. If this true, what should I do? Can anyone give me some useful advices? Should I pay the funds (I don’t wish to have any records)?
    Many thanks,
    Linda-G
    The amount will be about £130 so don't worry on that side of things. You also won't have any record as the police were not involved. RLP can't go to court, that would have to be TKMaxx and I've never seen a case brought by TKMaxx... actually other than the odd employee fraud case, I haven;t seen any case from shoplifting civil recovery go to court since 2010 when Boots lost a civil recovery case against two girls.

Ignore everything except court papers, and have a good read through other threads about RLP on here to set your mind at rest.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your advice Amethyst, I already received the second letter, I totally ignored them, hopefully I won't get court papers till the end!

VIP Member

Mentions
    241 Post(s)

Doubt if you'll get any court papers either.