• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post theft Conviction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post theft Conviction

I'm living in a block of apartments. This block has a contracted cleaning company for the management of the communal areas. Access is restricted via 2 key fob entry doors.

I've had issues with what I thought were failed delivery since moving into the building, I initially put this down to poor carrier performance so installed a motion activated CCTV camera to cover my apartment. A number of months ago I had a package delivered and left at my internal apartment door, as per my instructions to the carrier. After it was delivered I see that someone had taken the package without my permission. To cut a long story short I returned home, met an individual who closely resembled the individual who took the package, he denied it (videoed encounter), went to police, went to court, he was found guilty of theft, no more delivery issues. The video was posted to YouTube, initially to share with police, courts and friends.

Recently and the Thief has contacted me to say he's seen the video and will see me in court... Now i'm not bothered with that, i'm happy with my legal position in regards the recording. What concerns me is that he has said he is still employed by the contractor (1000's of employee size outfit). I don't want to seem like a victim here but his actions have required my to outlay for CCTV, since finding out he's still employed I've elected to change the locks on my door. I don't want to go so far as to say I'm in fear of my safety.. but I do feel uneasy that he still have access to the building. He's now also publicly stating I've lied in court and accusing my of illegally recording him.

I don't want to ruin this guys life, he has a conviction got a fine etc but I am a little disappointed with his company for continuing to afford him access to my building, he had said at trial this cost him his job.... The allegations of perjury are also doing him no favors.

I'd rather not engage directly with him, but what are my options... How should I contact the company to ensure, in effect my safety and that of my family, is there recourse for my choosing to get CCTV and locks changed?? There is of course a change they don't know rather than are complicit?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X