Thread: VT Help please

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default VT Help please

So just got to the 2.5 year point on my 5 year finance and have VT my car. Finance company have been fine about it and confirmed I owe nothing in terms of payments, however she said the mileage was slightly over the 15K per year mark. I bought the car with 53K and it now has 87K, so my maths works out (pro rata) I've done on average 13.6K miles a year so not worried about that?
    Cars got MOT, been serviced inline with manufacture recommendations etc

Have been told that BCA will be coming to inspect and take the car away, just wondering what to expect with the inspection? There's no major damage to the car except a small dent behind the rear door which was there when we bought it. Few small scratches etc but its what I'd expect for a 5 year old car.
    Also I've read that they will come up with a report and a figure for repairs, do I have to sign this and if I do does that make me liable for the price of repairs? Also if not and I refuse to sign can they refuse to take the car away?

Thanks in advance just want to be prepared!

VIP Member

Mentions
    713 Post(s)

Default Re: VT Help please

Hello,

I would suggest you read the VT Guide if you haven't already. There are some tips on what to do when you VT

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...on-Your-rights

The likelihood is that BCA will use the BVRLA guidelines and if you do a google search you will be able to find the document and see what limit the damage is before you are going to be charged - obviously you won't know what the charges might be but you should only be charged for damage beyond fair wear and tear. The VT guide mentions the CAP HPI conditions which takes into account the age of the vehicle whereas the BVRLA guide does not.

If you don't sign the report and they refuse to take the car then tell them that's fine but you will be making a note of this and writing to the lender that unless they collect the car in the following 14 days then you will dispose of it yourself.
    DISCLAIMER: ANY CONTENT I POST IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTION FOR LEGAL ADVICE. I MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OF MY POSTS NOR DO I ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY. USE OF ANY CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND COST AND I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY. YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BY GOING TO Law Society's Find A Solicitor OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: VT Help please

Thanks, I did follow the guide and use the template letter so will see what they say when they come for the car!

Seems to have been pretty straight forward so far, but we shall see!