• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court for Parking fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court for Parking fines

Hi everyone (he said hoping lots of people would be reading this post!!) I wondered if you could help.

I (or my wife) had a parking fine from ECP which we’ve refused to pay and it’s now with DRP...we’ve received 2 letters and have ignored them.

my question is....if ECP do decide to take this to county court, what is the general ruling regarding court costs and how much are they typically?

the fine is currently £150 which is ridiculous....do the county court recognise this amount or would it be deemed as a penalty?

Thanks

BTW we live In Hampshire
    Last edited by mulcahyms; 22nd November 2017, 06:55:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court for Parking fines

Hi & welcome to LB

Where do you live? (E/W/S/NI)

DRP are only debt collectors....safe to ignore them. They have less power than Mugabe.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi & welcome to LB

Where do you live? (E/W/S/NI)

DRP are only debt collectors....safe to ignore them. They have less power than Mugabe.
      HI THERE, I live in Hampshire....have ignored DRP but had questions about what might happen if it went to court.

Comment

In court it would be the claim + court costs (£25) + legal advice cost (£50).

The court will recognise this amount as a claim for breach of contract.

They can claim for parking charges, usually about £100, so yours looks like they've added a bit more. Depends on the company but it could go to court. Why not post up the documents you initially received with personal details redacted. May be able help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X