• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA court summons for no road tax PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA court summons for no road tax PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

So I realise that I have been very silly but here goes...
    I have recently received a 14 week sentence suspended for 18 months as I was found guilty of a benefit fraud offence (October 2017) I have now received a court summons from the DVLA for keeping an untaxed vehicle, my car was clamped in July of this year for no road tax, stupidly I had forgotten to update my address with the DVLA who had cancelled my road tax due to my MOT running out and not being done until 5 days after it was due, as I had not changed my address and I was paying for my car tax by monthly direct debit, I was unaware that it had been cancelled until it was clamped. I paid the fee for the clamp to be removed and re-taxed the vehicle by monthly direct debit straight away. The problem that I have is that I’m now unsure what plea to enter for this case with the DVLA, I only have until 28/11/17 to reply to the summons, but I am worried that if I plead guilty then I will have my sentence activated and have to go to prison (I have 3 young children) but if I plead not guilty then I lose the automatic 33% reduction if found guilty and may still have my sentence activated. Please help me some one? 🙏
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X