• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - lowell portfolio / o2 - 24-10-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - lowell portfolio / o2 - 24-10-2017

how about sending the telephone monkeys box of wet wipes for their mascara wipe ups = no office booze up this year, maybe they do the honest thing and sweep the roads far higher character than phone monkeys

Comment

Thnaks to every one who read/posted. i was prepared to take a ccj on the chin with this one.
      I didnt think Lowells would actually issue a claim. Im not sure How o2 can take it back from Lowells?
      As they (lowells) claim to "own" the debt. I have a whole folder dedicated to the communications relating to this. Anyway, Ill wait to hear from Lowells, The whole case rested on o2 admitting that the phone or sim was not used after the 13th dec. which helped to prove my story, and that In all likely hood i did cancell. Car phone ware house should have accepted my return, instead of telling me it was too late.But I guess the commsion they get outweighs the need to treat customers fairly.

Comment

I write to lowells complaining of their bullying tactics... and the fact they woulnt accept my story.
        even though i offered as much info as possible . However now o2 have accepted that i done everything within my rights,,I shall be escalating my complaint about lowells to the ombudsman. They could have investigated further at an earlier stage, instead of just threatening court action, and trying to intimidate me into paying, almost a case of demanding money with menaces.
        Hopefully , if enough people complain about their undehand tactics, they will eventually be made to act in a civilised manner.

Comment

You need to make sure Lowell formally discontinue the claim.

If you write to them, maybe best if you don't talk about your 'story' because that may be interpreted as your fictional story. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Andy P View Post
            I write to lowells complaining of their bullying tactics... and the fact they woulnt accept my story.
            even though i offered as much info as possible . However now o2 have accepted that i done everything within my rights,,I shall be escalating my complaint about lowells to the ombudsman. They could have investigated further at an earlier stage, instead of just threatening court action, and trying to intimidate me into paying, almost a case of demanding money with menaces.
            Hopefully , if enough people complain about their undehand tactics, they will eventually be made to act in a civilised manner.
            Hi, the contract/deed of sale of a debt/portfolio of debts may have a clause (s) allowing the sale to be reversed if a dispute was live and not resolved.

nem

Comment

Great result for you. Lowell are scum. They are just a bucket shop for issuing claims, often blindly without any documents or knowledge of the circumstances. I love it when they lose or are forced to discontinue.

But equally there is a very big lesson for you too. You thought you were helping a friend by taking the phone out for them in your name, presumably because they would have been or had been refused had they tried themselves? But your "friend" had no problem in shafting you for the debt.

You now have first hand experience as to why your "friend" couldn't take the phone out in their own name. The reason that cheap Alcatel phones and "Pay As You Go" SIMs exist is for people like them.

More often than not, trying to help others in this situation only causes bigger problems for yourself. You got a result in the end, but in truth you were very lucky!

Comment

Lowells wrote today confirming all legal action cancelled. their client O2 instructed them to withdraw
                the claim, not because they were "wrong" to pursue it but for commerial reasons...
                " "

Comment

They never admit they are wrong.

Comment

Did they include a copy of their notice of discontinuance ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X