• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Littlewoods sold to Lowell default date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods sold to Lowell default date

Hi
    I opened a Littlewoods account in November 2010 and subsequently ended up not paying it around October/ November 2011 after losing my job The debt was passed to Lowell’s and I paid the debt in full in October 2013. I have tried to get littlewoods to give me the date I defaulted as its causing me a hassle to get a mortgage but they never gave me a straight answer just “ The account did default when it was with us due to payments not being received. We sold the account to Lowell for them to collect the debt . Once the account was sold to Lowell on 01.09.2012 the entry will show on your credit file under Lowell as a defaulted account. There should not be any entry showing for this account under Shop Direct. You state in a previous email that you have paid the account in full to Lowell and they should show this entry as being a defaulted account now satisfied.This will remain on your credit file for 6 years from default date. If you still dispute this information you can put it in writing to our Complaints Management Team”
    I have asked Lowell for the default date and they have said the default date is
    28th of August 2012. I have sent for my credit file but can’t work out when I stopped paying Littlewoods and then I have tried to work out when they would have issued a default. Or will they have. I think I read somewhere that they are not legally obliged to enter a default date. Could Lowell have added the default? really am confused and I have emailed Littlewoods but they don’t reply so I have used the site Resolver to put in a complaint but not had a reply as yet. Could anyone suggest anything, could this default date be correct? Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Littlewoods sold to Lowell default date

Originally posted by Wills17 View Post
    Hi
    I opened a Littlewoods account in November 2010 and subsequently ended up not paying it around October/ November 2011 after losing my job The debt was passed to Lowell’s and I paid the debt in full in October 2013. I have tried to get littlewoods to give me the date I defaulted as its causing me a hassle to get a mortgage but they never gave me a straight answer just “ The account did default when it was with us due to payments not being received. We sold the account to Lowell for them to collect the debt . Once the account was sold to Lowell on 01.09.2012 the entry will show on your credit file under Lowell as a defaulted account. There should not be any entry showing for this account under Shop Direct. You state in a previous email that you have paid the account in full to Lowell and they should show this entry as being a defaulted account now satisfied.This will remain on your credit file for 6 years from default date. If you still dispute this information you can put it in writing to our Complaints Management Team”
    28th of August 2012. I have sent for my credit file but can’t work out when I stopped paying Littlewoods and then I have tried to work out when they would have issued a default. Or will they have. I think I read somewhere that they are not legally obliged to enter a default date. Could Lowell have added the default? really am confused and I have emailed Littlewoods but they don’t reply so I have used the site Resolver to put in a complaint but not had a reply as yet. Could anyone suggest anything, could this default date be correct? Thanks
    Hi welcome,
    The date an account defaulted is not the same as the date registered on credit files.

Phone Littlewoods and ask to speak to someone in the Data Protection Office, this has been done before (by me) and has been successful.
    BTW you can get your credit file online with Noddle or Callcredit.

nem

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wills17 View Post
    Hi
    Hi welcome,
    The date an account defaulted is not the same as the date registered on credit files.

Phone Littlewoods and ask to speak to someone in the Data Protection Office, this has been done before (by me) and has been successful.
    BTW you can get your credit file online with Noddle or Callcredit.

nem

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X