• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Littlewoods/Very Account debt (opened when I was under 18)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods/Very Account debt (opened when I was under 18)

Hi Guys,

I would like to firstly say thanks for taking the time to read my post.

When i was maybe 16/17, I Bought a pair of trainers from Very, which I believe was Littlewoods at the time. My mum had given me her card to pay, the shoes came a couple of days later, all good. I logged back onto my account to check something, only to see that I had store credit which I didn’t remember signing up for or requesting. Being young and stupid, I decided to use it, I had a job at the time and knew I could cover the monthly payments.

Fast forward 2 or 3 years and my account is heavily in the red, I’d got behind on payments, the account was passed to debt collectors, and eventually went to court, I had agreed to pay 90 quid a month.

Since the court date, I’ve had endless bother trying to get in touch with Shoosmith Edinburgh to set up the payments. They also apparently had a different date of birth on file.

So currently the payments still haven’t been set up, however someone has recently brought it to my attention that because the account was started when I was under 18 the account is actually void.

If this is true, how would I go about fighting this? I’ve already asked for a copy of my credit agreement. I find it strange that the date of birth they have on file is different, is it possible that its been changed so that they can pursue the debt?

I’d also like to mention that i live in Scotland if that makes a difference, not sure if the laws are different.

thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X