• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Popla appeal unsuccessful - what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popla appeal unsuccessful - what next?

Hello

I’ve recently had a popla appeal rejected, this is what happened...

I visited a Costa with a car park which has a one hour limit on it. However inside Costa there is an iPad to enter your car reg so you can stay longer. I was there for work and knew I’d be there longer so entered my details. A couple of weeks later I received a pcn. I contacted Costa originally to see if they could help. They emailed parking company for me but to no avail. I appealed to them with a receipt proving I had been in Costa but this was rejected. I then appealed to popla. At which point it became clear that I had entered two letters on my reg the wrong way round. However they refuse to accept this was my car and rejected this appeal also.

What can I do now? I’m really angry that they are trying to charge me £100 for such a small honest mistake and really want to fight them all the way but not sure whether I have a leg to stand on.

Thanks for any advice
    Tags: None

Re: Popla appeal unsuccessful - what next?

Ask the Costa manager again to ask the PPC to cancel and ask that he copy you on the email. Later you can say that the principal asked the contractor to cancel.

Who are the PPC ? Probably ignore and see if it goes to court. They knew the number you entered was not in the car park so why did they allow you to enter that number?

Comment

Re: Popla appeal unsuccessful - what next?

Thank you for the reply. I'll do that with Costa but they didn't seem to want to accept any responsibility last time I spoke to them, all they would do was check whether my details had been registered.

Its civil enforcement. I don't think the iPad is that advanced, think it just puts the details into an exemption list to then match against the cars registered on the auto recognition

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X