• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My wife received a CCJ from Lowell for a home loan of 2012. The name is wrong.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife received a CCJ from Lowell for a home loan of 2012. The name is wrong.

Hi all

i need advice please. My wife received a CCJ. Claim form on 11 November dated6 November. But in the letter her name was wrong by one word. I checked noodle credit report in that the name is wrong by one word as well. This account was opened in May 2012. Now my questions are below:

1. If name is wrong is it legally enfircable?
    2. Should I acknowledge the claim?
    3. What should I ask from Lowell.
    4. What and how should I write my defence?

Inwoukd be really helpful if you please provide with the informations.
    Tags: None

Re: My wife received a CCJ from Lowell for a home loan of 2012. The name is wrong.

Originally posted by Yasifsadi View Post
    Hi all

i need advice please. My wife received a CCJ. Claim form on 11 November dated6 November. But in the letter her name was wrong by one word. I checked noodle credit report in that the name is wrong by one word as well. This account was opened in May 2012. Now my questions are below:

If the claim is not acknowledged Lowell will seek judgment by default so do this online now at Money Claim Online.

Name wrong by one word or one letter?
    You say your wife received a claim, who is actually named on the claim?

More history of the debt is needed to get you more advice.

How much is claimed, what is the debt from credit card/loan/bank account /overdraft?

Who was the original creditor?

When did payments cease?

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all

If the claim is not acknowledged Lowell will seek judgment by default so do this online now at Money Claim Online.

Name wrong by one word or one letter?
    You say your wife received a claim, who is actually named on the claim?

More history of the debt is needed to get you more advice.

How much is claimed, what is the debt from credit card/loan/bank account /overdraft?

Who was the original creditor?

When did payments cease?

nem

Comment

Re: My wife received a CCJ from Lowell for a home loan of 2012. The name is wrong.

Hi thanks for tour reply.

The claim aim is against my wife. The letter got her name wrong by one letter in her first name.

The lian was from Provident The default date was October 2012 and last payment I think was around july 2012.

I will qcknowledhe it but I think I have 14 days time. So we will do it in few days.

The defualt amount showing 464 and the claim is total for 600+.

I never recived any letter from provident but Lowell.

Comment

my questions are below:

This forum has information and guidance on how to respond to a county court claim in this 'First Steps' link here>

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...y-court-claim/

Di

Comment

Hi thanks for tour reply.

The claim aim is against my wife. The letter got her name wrong by one letter in her first name.

The lian was from Provident The default date was October 2012 and last payment I think was around july 2012.
          The one letter error in a name is likely to be considered trivial. Your wife should acknowledge asap.
          Who is the solicitors involved on behalf of Lowell?
          You wife needs to get a request off to Lowell for a copy of the provident agreement for his loan use this sites template and use a Postal Order for £1.00 which is the statutory fee for the request (CCA request) us signed for post.

nem
          Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd December 2017, 07:51:AM.

Comment

Hi All

i have sent the letters to Lowell and solicitors. I received a letter from the solicitor saying that they have notified Lowell of my request to see documents. And it will be disclosed on it before courts as directed.
            My last defence date is on 6 th December. The letter also states that they can extend court submission time if I need it. Please advice.

Comment

Clearly it is not you (or more accurately your wife) who needs more time it is Lowell.

I assume you have sent the cca request to Lowell and the cpr31. 14 request to the solicitors. What did you ask for in your 31.14 request

You have said the solicitors have replied promising docs before court but have you heard from Lowell about the cca request?

Comment

Hi
                thakns for reply. I haven’t heard anything from Lowell. I have requested documents as advised by legal beagle. I don’t know what should I write my defence on.

Comment

Hi
                  I can't see what you have actually asked for in your cpr31.14

I know you were directed to the first steps but the cpr letter is just a template and clearly says only ask for things mentioned in the particulars of claim- hence I asked what exactly you had asked for because you have not posted the particulars of claim. Maybe someone told you away from this thread.

As for your defence, there is an EXAMPLE defence at the top of the page based on non disclosure but this does need tweaking so that it suits your circumstances

Without knowing the facts it is difficult to offer any direction

Comment

Example Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Particulars of Claim
                      1.The claim is for the sum of £465 .00

2.Due by the defendant under an agreement consumer act 1974 for a Provident personal credit Limited account with a reference : xxxxxxx

3. The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement .

4.Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the consumer act which has not been complied with.

5. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 29 August 201. Notice of which has been sent

6.The claim includes statutory interest under s.69 of the county court acts 1984 at a rate of 8%

7. the claimant claims the sum of £502.20

Received reply of CPR 31.14 request sent to solicitor dated 20 November 2017 . i received their letter dated 27 Nov 2017.

the letter says as below:

We have received your letter in which you make a request for documents and have notified our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd of this request. Documents in support of our clients claim will be disclosed on or before disclosure as directed by the court . In the meantime please file your response to the claim form accordance with the court timetable .

if you require further time to prepare your response please let us know as we may be able to agree a short extension to the court time table
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd December 2017, 07:50:AM.

Comment

So you acknowledged the claim?

If so you have until 14th Dec to file your defence assuming the claim was dated 11th Nov.

You can use the sample defence as a template and tweak

No DN and you require proof

No assignment and you require proof

No agreement and you require proof

No response to S77(1) request therefore S77(4) applies and it is unenforceable.

Comment

Example Defence

Comment

Hi everyone
                            i need help with the above. Apart from a letter from the solicitor I didn’t receive anything. My last fate of defence is tomorrow. Please help me with defence. Please find what they say in soliciotrs letter above. I really appreciate your help in this regard.

Comment

If the claim was dated 11th November you have until 14th Dec and not tomorrow. the timescale is 33 days ( 28 days + 5 for posting)

I'm sure someone will pop in to help

have you drafted a defence yourself that can be looked at?

Just for clarity , the date I gave is ONLY if the date of the claim form was 11th November

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X