• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

baliff for council parking ticket (at wrong address)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baliff for council parking ticket (at wrong address)

Hi

This issue has come to light as my old landlord told me bailiffs came round for me. It was for PCN that I sent a cheque for to Manchester council. They said didn't receive it. I did a TE9 form saying I made representations to the council and that I had sent the cheque. I thought it was sorted as didn't hear anything else. I moved a while ago so it must have taken a long time.

I called the council they said they can't deal with it as with equita. I got the letters off my old landlord and called the bailiff mobile. I explained I'd moved and I was going to contact the court and try to get it sent back. He was very rude and said this was his job and put the phone down!

I have called TEC and they have sent me the out of time form TE7 and TE9. I have been to the doctors today for a Drs note as I suffer with depression ( for a long time) Drs aware of my situation. Also I'm a single mum and the council know that from my council tax single person discount.

Drs note will take a week and they might find my new address etc in the mean time?

Questions
    1 I read somewhere I can try to get the bailiff fees removed as I'm vulnerable? Or get the council to take it back from them?
    2 should I wait for Drs note about depression etc? The court form says have to send all evidence for the out of time form TE7 or it won't be used

I have moved a few times recently due to family issues and I may have received an equita letter at the old address but not got them as somebody else may have opened it. Also we have a big problem with getting wrong mail on estate has same steet names with different endings ie road close, grove, lane etc. I moved in Aug/ September and the bailiff came 2nd Nov

Is this is correct forum wasnt sure if court or general legal?

Thanks and any help much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: baliff for council parking ticket (at wrong address)

Originally posted by rachferrit View Post

Questions
    1 I read somewhere I can try to get the bailiff fees removed as I'm vulnerable? Or get the council to take it back from them? Whoever told you that is wrong, each case of potential vulnerability is treated on its own merits. Although you say you are being treated for Depression this has not stopped you engaging with the TEC so doubt it will be allowed.
    2 should I wait for Drs note about depression etc? The court form says have to send all evidence for the out of time form TE7 or it won't be used The Out of Time does not need a Dr;s note.

I have moved a few times recently due to family issues and I may have received an equita letter at the old address but not got them as somebody else may have opened it. Also we have a big problem with getting wrong mail on estate has same steet names with different endings ie road close, grove, lane etc. I moved in Aug/ September and the bailiff came 2nd Nov If you have moved have you checked to see if they have applied to change the address on the Warrant? Ask the TEC what address they are using.

Is this is correct forum wasnt sure if court or general legal?

Thanks and any help much appreciated
    PTPT

Comment

Re: baliff for council parking ticket (at wrong address)

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      PTPT
      Hi thanks for that info

Ok I've checked and the TEC have my old address not my new one. I'm unsure what to put on the out of time form as it's a bit of a complicated situations. I moved a number of times this year due to relationship problems. My ex was controlling and would often open my mail so I don't want to say I didn't receive a letter in case it actually arrived. I don't want to get in trouble for that. I just don't really remember exact dates when I moved out back in then out again- but I do know I didn't know about this till my old landlord called me about bailiffs. I have had a very bad year and had a break down so my memory isnt the best - also antidepressants don't help with my memory. I don't feel I should have to pay the now extortionate fees but maybe I will have to now. That's why I was thinking of waiting for the doctors note as it explains about my breakdown etc. I don't mean to go on about my problems but just trying to explain better. One thing that might be a positive is there is recorded issues with post going to the wrong address as similar street names. But I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses on the form.

Thanks is again for any help 😊😊

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X