• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Having MAJOR issues with Audi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having MAJOR issues with Audi

Okay I read back to the beginning

Then 3 Fridays Ago, the car went into "LIMP MODE" on a Live lane on the motorway. For those of you who like me didn't know what that as, it's when a vehicle ECU decides there's too many safety issues for you to be on the road so it cuts out your power. I had RED warning lights. No Parking Brake functionality and an error message to tell me that. Braking and ABS issues, Clutch, Ignition, Airbags..... every error under the sun flashed across on the dash [and I took photos of some of them]. I had to wait in the car until a recovery service came for me as if I'd got out, the car could literally roll into Traffic.
    Bloody hell.

I'm still getting over not having handles to wind down your windows anymore...

Volkswagen look to have had problems with it - https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...evice-software
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      IMO an almost new car @£38000 should last longer than 18 months so you have a valid claim that the vehicle is unsatisfactory , based on lack of durability.

However you seem to have a problem in that the dealership claim they cannot find any faults.
      Try obtaining second opinion from other garage?

I checked my Finance docs... It's down as a NEW vehicle.

I can't get the car to another garage without driving it. I've been notified by the Police and the insurance that driving it knowing full well it's got problems will make me liable for prosecution if something were to occur.
      Last edited by jideare; 21st November 2017, 16:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jideare View Post

I can't get the car to another garage without driving it. I've been notified by the Police and the insurance that driving it knowing full well it's got problems will make me liable for prosecution if something were to occur.
        I have beef in progress,my probs have been gettin real deal advice how to trade ,what will be the end game,the tricks the other side will play,mine is more than that fast track case well advanced me the lone solider,on forums i have never found any one that is or is prepared to talk about this the best is tap dancing around subject but be warned it isnot funny going in front of a circuit judge on your jack jones,look in the mirror what are you made of in court a wig will have you putting your hands up to everything as and alternative pay council
        25k and lose you blow 60k not all people are like me.

Comment

Were any of the niggles and whatnot you had that were in the first six months software related ?

Did the garage tell you what codes come up when they plug in the diagnostic thingy ?

( thinking that to reject now you need to evidence that the faults now are directly linked to the original niggle faults which happened within the first 6 months and the car was faulty on purchase - and subsequent issues and repairs are a continuance of the same problem )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Either have your own engineer check it at its present location, or have it trailered elsewhere

Comment

Would the AA do an inspection at home ( as it's basically broken down ) and be able to download a full history of the computer log ? might be cheaper if you're a member ? ( see I know nothing about cars - just being helpful/unhelpful lol)
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Would the AA do an inspection at home ( as it's basically broken down ) and be able to download a full history of the computer log ? might be cheaper if you're a member ? ( see I know nothing about cars - just being helpful/unhelpful lol)

except I think it is with te dealers.
                Having said that, I believe AA or RAC will do a check for non members at any location, but what value it will have...........

Comment

If goes to court it will be fast or multi track the value you would think should be multi track mine is 40k ,with fast track it is standard disclosure ,where as multi enhanced where i could have pulled in non parties and attempt to get technical files, tread carefully one geezer blew 100k against audi courts of appeal car pulling to the left judge said mate you must be cuckoo audi have big cheque book my target small 1mil turnover now manufacturer have bottled the part 20 they av 100 mil turnover these cases get messy dont advise you trade,what about auction car pay finance sue in small claims for less lost less risk cus in fast track you will have single joint expert multi you may have 3 telephone numbers me talk from personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by nochance View Post
                    If goes to court it will be fast or multi track the value you would think should be multi track mine is 40k ,with fast track it is standard disclosure ,where as multi enhanced where i could have pulled in non parties and attempt to get technical files, tread carefully one geezer blew 100k against audi courts of appeal car pulling to the left judge said mate you must be cuckoo audi have big cheque book my target small 1mil turnover now manufacturer have bottled the part 20 they av 100 mil turnover these cases get messy dont advise you trade,what about auction car pay finance sue in small claims for less lost less risk cus in fast track you will have single joint expert multi you may have 3 telephone numbers me talk from personal experience.
                    If you read back through this thread you will see that we have cautioned against initiating court action until other steps have been explored.
                    This was all before the size of any possible claim was known.
                    However, whoever jideare pursues (finance house/trader/credit card?) he will need independent verification of the problems

PS can you give the court reference for that appeal please?.

Comment

My statements are from true life experience now in court at advanced stage expert instructed next month trial date march 2018 i have been on this case 3 years,my warnings to the op is the risk,costs involved and if he instructs council the costs will be over 20k even if he chooses direct barrister access,
                      Personally i am a trained qualified engineer of 3 different disciplines and have previous court experience and i have problems progressing case.
                      The case i refer to is where a new audi tt i think was taken to court section 14 sog 1979 and the claimant had a positive engineers report that the car veered to the left ,
                      In the courts of appeal the case was dismissed ,quote judge stated this is an expensive sports car that would follow the road more than a standard
                      car he then went on further and stated council on both sides should not have allowed the case to get this far because of fees.
                      The op should consider that audi,vw,skoda,rolls royce, porshe and others are the largest car manufacturers on the planet me i have bottle not sure i would proceed.

Comment

Agree with your sentiments that one should be cautious before initiating court action.

I have heard about that case involving Audis pulling to the left, but have never been able to track it down.
                        Just wonder if it is urban myth, so was hoping you could give chapter and verse!

Comment

But that was a mad case ,bad advice but think the council are getting their new merc from your dollars stage payment no carnie pay woe pay job
                          Heres a another case mad to outrageous Rv 2 inches to wide for the road,claimant blew 250k serious dollars supreme court 5 geezers on bench extra long wigs they lost because they thought they were taking on dealer wrong they were taking on establishment no court could black ball all rvs in uk
                          and bump all dealers me have at to study all this jazz u all would av belly laffs watching me trade in pre court conference room loads of name callin
                          me workin class no learned friend garbage

Comment

Sorry, but now going "OFF TOPIC" and not much use to OP

Comment

If any of my cars start pulling to the left its straight into my friendly garage for a wheel alignment check/adjustment, it is common around here due to the roads (awful!) more so in the winter if covered in snow (you cant see the pesky potholes!). I have been asked as a third party witness to substantiate a main dealers claims about a faulty repair. I assessed the repair, so did 2 other independent assessors. All the same conclusion, shocking workmanship.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Have you tried trading standards? They could do a vehicle test (MOT) at one of their stations, get the report form them and obviously if it doesntmeet the standards of roadworthiness then you have something as evidence, an MOT certificate is not true evidence of roadworthiness, an MOT only proves at that time and date the vehicle passed, it met the requirements. The German TuV is much harder to pass as have had cars fail on the slightest of things whilst based in Germany.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X