• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

edf energy back bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: edf energy back bill

slainte caragh asked
    Finally, are you single fuel as there is no gas read for this and a bill of over £500 seems exorbidant to me!

sorry think im confusing you
    i was referring the gas account been a pre payment mete,r as the gas was edf aswell.
    will find out about the meter
    thanks
    Last edited by pabs; 17th November 2017, 21:08:PM.

Comment

ok so just to confirm, you are querying your electricity bill and the gas (both same supplier?) was prepayment.

What would be helpful would be to know when the meter was exchanged and what the reads were.

I am assuming that what has happened is an almighty balls up, I am assuming that the meter exchange has never been processed which means they think you have used maybe twice or three times the amount in question.

I will start off some work to see how much you normally used and then we can fight fire with fire!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

repeat post, please delete.

ta muchly

C
        Last edited by slainte caragh; 17th November 2017, 21:16:PM. Reason: ooooops
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

yes electric bill no problem with gas bill as for the meter i dont the date but know its only been changed in the last couple of weeks. just finding rest of details about meter

Comment

so the meter exchange happened after the change of supplier?

Comment

yes but could be helpfull if who ever changed meter give a meter reading.
              still working on the info for that

Comment

Ok that's fine, makes my job easier as there is only one meter to work out

EDF have made one hell of a balls up, I realise this might be a lil confuzzling so I will be as simple as possible.

I have done some math for you and worked this out for you

So we will start from 19-01-16 Meter Read 5563

We will end the sum on 01-08-16 with meter read 6411

This means there were 195 days.

First, we work out how much energy has been used,

6411-5563= 848kwh over 195 days

next sum
                848/195 = 4.34kwh per day.

between 01-08-16 and 06-03-17 there were 217 days between them.

4.34x217=7352.34

Your proposed (worked out but not an actual meter reading) should have been 7352.

Where they have got over 11000 I honestly have no idea.

I would suggest calling EDF and telling them you have done some math and you are not accepting their read. Suggest your read should be 7352 and invite them to do the math with you....... then ask about how much they now owe you.

Callie <3

Comment

hi thanks for taking the time to work all that info out, much appreciated.
                  will call edf and query the reading.
                  will post i how i get on

Comment

remind them that the back billing laws state you can dispute a read for up to 12 months and suggest that the read they are chasing you for is the meter exchange read, on your meter there may be a yellow sticker with a date, meter read and meter serial number, this is the last meter reading on the old meter.

I would suggest you took a photograph of it and offer to send that in too, this is concrete proof that you could not have used this amount of electricity on the date they are suggesting.

Comment

will do thanks

Comment

as i said in the orginal post its my step daughters house and i have not seen the meter but when they put a smart meter in.
                        is it a new meter or as got some type of attachment fitted to the old meter

Comment

a smart meter is a brand new meter, however it should have a sticker on it with the final meter readings on it.

if not, I would suggest your step daughter calls her new provider and asks for 2 meter readings from the smart meter to prove current usage and prove it is a physical impossibility to have used that much electricity.

Comment

thanks for that info

Comment

anytime, lemme know how you go

Comment

hi ,
                                doing a update with edf back bill saga. Called current suppiler about last meter reading from when smart meter was installed .Called edf, on phone for 40 minutes and call was disconnected, had to called back and had to go through all the info again. tried to explain something must be amiss with final bill because of how high the units was used in comparison to older bills.
                                the problem we have is there is no way to proof if there was a fault with the old meter because it as been removed.
                                weekly unit use as gone up from 4 1/2 to around 22, even edf as said something is not right

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X